Tournment Ends

Madmax Monk..... I like it! :laugh

You know who the Monk is and why he is called so, right? The story dates back to India`s tour of the West Indies in 2006..................(sepia-colored);)

On a much more serious note, the way Dhoni`s batting, it does`nt look like he wants to have a go at them anytime soon. It`d be better for us if he gets out now, to be honest. Might help us up the tempo with the tail slogging a few out of the park.

Last edited:
India looking in a hurry? dhoni has a plan :spy

If his plan is to bat out the day, I hope it does not come off. I`d love to see us bowl 15 overs today.

aditya123 added 2 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

I hope Murali gets his 5er. Would`ve been sad to see the great man bow out on a low in his last inning on Indian soil.

We`d rather throw out bats around and get bowled out leaving ourselves 15 or so overs to bowl today than bat defensively like we`re doing now. Can`t see what Dhoni is trying to achieve by batting like this here. He is batting with Sreesanth now and if he is`nt going to look for runs now, I don`t see a point.

We`d rather throw out bats around and get bowled out leaving ourselves 15 or so overs to bowl today than bat defensively like we`re doing now. Can`t see what Dhoni is trying to achieve by batting like this here. He is batting with Sreesanth now and if he is`nt going to look for runs now, I don`t see a point.

Plan :spy

jokes apart, play like anything hit sixes, fours and give Zak a chance to get Dilshan the danger man out, he's the SLankan Sehwag

Plan :spy

jokes apart, play like anything hit sixes, fours and give Zak a chance to get Dilshan the danger man out, he's the SLankan Sehwag

Dilshan`s good and been in good form but he `s no Monk.

Hmmmm, thought Dhoni may have put Sri Lanka back out there for ten or so overs today. Why's he still batting?

Herath to Sreesanth, OUT, The carrom ball gets him another wicket. It broke back in, Sreesanth had a waft across the line and was hit on the back pad.

S Sreesanth lbw b Herath 8 (11b 1x4 0x6) SR: 72.72

Herath to Dhoni, 1 run, gets to his 17th Test fifty with a push down to long-on. Dhoni has a chat with Sreesanth

Coz he wanted his 50 first :facepalm

Coz he wanted his 50 first :facepalm

Although I do agree that he could`ve got a move on and put them into bat, I see nothing wrong in him getting to his fifty first, just that he could`ve got there much quicker. There is still a lot of time left in this game.

C`mon Murali, get a 5er! Get Ojha/Dhoni out (For those who are confused, I`m not braghuvaran/WC in disguise. I just want India to have a go at their batsmen this evening itself)

aditya123 added 7 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Its becoming a bit ridiculous to be honest. Dhoni just played out a maiden! India are close to 300 runs ahead in the first innings! What is he waiting for!

Last edited:
Dhoni also did a very similar thing in the Wellington test earlier this year, and it cost him a win when New Zealand finished nine wickets down with 400 odd still needed.

Dhoni also did a very similar thing in the Wellington test earlier this year, and it cost him a win when New Zealand finished nine wickets down with 400 odd still needed.

Yup. That was simply foolish to do at a venue like Welington where you must try and have all the time in the world with all the rain around everytime. Dravid did something similar at the Oval and he looked like he was content with a 1-0 win when we toured England.

Hes On 91
i guess his plan is to play till the last ball and throw his wicket away in the end or declare:spy

Users who are viewing this thread