Tournment Ends

Last chance for Sangakkara to contribute some meaningful score in the test series. Been very disappointing I must say.

On another note, its been heartening to see good test match crowds in this series. Kanpur was a sellout on pretty much all 4 days and we`ve had a decent crowd on day 1 at Mumbai and a pretty much sell out crowd yesterday and today. Would be great to have a fullhouse on the weekend and if India go on to win the game, it would be icing on the cake.
At the cost of repeating myself, its vindicated my point that if we play test matches at our major test venues, we will get crowds.

I now fully expect BCCI to go ahead and schedule the SA test matches to Mohali and Ahmedabad where there would be 100 people and a dog watching and people will write off test cricket in India again. :facepalm

You see I would be one of those people who would actually drag myself from Ahmedabad from Porbandar to watch India play - Which is a 450KM distance. You aren't really gonna get a big crowds for Test Cricket in Gujarat. They prefer the smack bang wallop version of cricket. Notice I said 'they', as I love all the formats.

Can't wait to see highlights of Dhoni's innings tonight. I reckon we might wrap this match up tomorrow.

You see I would be one of those people who would actually drag myself from Ahmedabad from Porbandar to watch India play - Which is a 450KM distance. You aren't really gonna get a big crowds for Test Cricket in Gujarat. They prefer the smack bang wallop version of cricket. Notice I said 'they', as I love all the formats.

I can understand there might be takers for test cricket in Ahmedabad as well but I don`t see Ahmedabad or Mohali getting crowds as big as those you`d get at Kanpur, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata or Mumbai. These are our primary test venues and there is a tradition of test cricket in these venues. You can`t say the same about the newer centers.

I can understand there might be takers for test cricket in Ahmedabad as well but I don`t see Ahmedabad or Mohali getting crowds as big as those you`d get at Kanpur, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata or Mumbai. These are our primary test venues and there is a tradition of test cricket in these venues. You can`t say the same about the newer centers.
Hey man, just because Mumbai has two Test grounds doesn't mean we should use both in the series. :D

Wow, Dhoni got a century in the end? Pretty good.... Those who wanted Dhoni to declare and have a go at the Lankans, COME ON!! We have two days to bowl at the Lankans. The wicket at that time wasnt dangerous at all. So we had to also bat out some time and hope that the wicket gets even more trickier to bat for SL. We needed to bat out the day and we almost did that, thanks to Dhoni. Since we didnt bat as fast as Day 2, we couldnt acquire a bigger lead and suppose if SL suddenly spark to life and bat superbly and erase our deficit tomorrow and on the final day and set us a target, Dhoni will be criticised for declaring too early (Indian fans are not as positive as us).

Right now, India should really attack and press for that win. Bhajji and Ojha have the wicket to do it.

Dhoni was indeed very slow getting his first 50, but hitting 5 sixes after that ensured he got the next 50 in good time :) Should be an interesting day's play today

Lol, just saw Sehwag's interview after day 2. He said he was just hitting the bad balls. How many bad balls can this man see!?

Murli and Herath got 4 and 3 wickets each, lets how Indian spinners bowl here, its Day 4, so it will certainly help spinners..

Sri Lanka have to follow the Sehwag method and try to get after the Indian spinners. If Harbhajan and Ojha manage good economy rates, SL are almost dead because that would mean that they are slowly strengthening the knot around their neck which will eventually strangulate them. If Murali can bowl badly at the face of the Sehwag assault, Harbhajan is known to perform even worse when he is attacked.

Well Hawkeye shows that it would have missed the stumps by miles, but Dilshan was refusing to play a shot once too often. Gone. India need 9 wickets

That looked out to me in real time. Also, I feel Hawk Eye seems to be exaggerating the turn and bounce. Good crucial wicket for India! Well bowled Bhaj!

Especially when you're getting struck square in the nuts, like Paranavitana just found out

Users who are viewing this thread