Tournment Ends

Bhajji is getting awesome turn and bounce here in this wicket. Also he is bowling very well according to the conditions, tossing the ball up and getting good bounce. He might get a wicket any ball.

Ideal conditions for Bhajji to run through the SL lineup. DO IT BHAJ!

Sehwag was impressive during the two overs he bowled before lunch.So maybe Dhoni's hoping for him to break this pair.

The Pitch is never taking the name of 'typical' deteriorating, jizz. So much Bounce and Spin, swing bowlers often finding they're getting what they want, I wonder if it slows down in the Third session. Still a good batting track, but Harbhajan's keeping it tight, good bowling by Sree too, almost nicked those stumps over few times, good going. India would be happy to take off 4 wickets at the end of the day, need to push Sri lanka from getting anywhere close to the lead.

KBC added 3 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Paranavitana nearly getting that fifty, good consistency. Of course he's troubled by those snizzers from Harbhajan, but moving along nicely. He's tried not to repeat that front foot cover drive from the first innings, but tempted himself to play a few. But he's been steady all-round, good to see him batting, and hope he goes on to pocket few more runs.

Good wicket that by Sreesanth. Although SL have given up on victory, they were doing well in trying to save the game by not giving away wickets. That breakthrough was crucial. We need to keep getting those at regular intervals if we got to win this game. Its still possible to survive out there on the pitch which is providing assistance but is not that hard for the batsmen.

Zak has been class today, so has Sree. Looks like the seamers are getting some reverse swing going here. The wickets of Paranavitana and Mahela were top notch. Zak finally looks to have found some rhythm.

aditya123 added 3 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

And except for the 2 sessions of Sehwag, this pitch has had it all even if it ends in a fighting draw for the Lankans. I dare say, this is a better test match pitch than the one at Adelaide where Australia and West Indies are playing at the moment.

Sri Lanka are doing what India always did when we were up against a wall. Bat extra-defensively. It never leads to good things, especially since the pitch doesn't look like it has broken down that much.

I`d be really tempted to bring in Sreesanth when Samarweera is new at the crease. I`m yet to see him look very confident against good seam bowling.

aditya123 added 5 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

I`m really enjoying today`s play. Might not look like the most exciting day if you just look at the stats . Just over a 100 runs in 2 sessions and just 3 wickets might not look too exciting but boy, has this been engrossing.

Big wicket there of Mahela! Zaheer needed to fire and he finally did with that big wicket! Sangakkara's wicket by today would be a great thing for India. Ideally 3 more wickets today would be good for India (although more would be awesome).

FRIGGIN' AWESOME!! ZAK SNARES SAMARAWEERA! Super catch by Laxman!!! Awesome whoooohooooooo.....!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread