Tournment Ends

Jai Ho (Glory) India!!!! Great 5-for for Zaheer in the end. He bowled brilliantly in the second innings. Sreesanth also bowled well in this test match even though the wickets column dont suggest that. If Ishant can find his form back, we have a great trio of Zak, Sree and Ishant. Hope that day comes! Ojha should continue in test cricket at the expense of Mishra who has to wait. Ojha is definitely better!

I thought Dravid could have been MOS. Dravid has been incredibly consistent this series with huge scores (177, 38, 144, 74) though Sehwag's huge one made all the difference in this test. Lets enjoy the No. 1 ranking now. But as Dhoni said, the real test starts now!

saisrini80 added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

He will hopefully play for next 2 years in ODI's till 2011 WC, then he might retire from ODI and play only in Tests..

Sachin should retire after the Australian tour in 2011. Target that series and hope that he quits with India winning a series for the first time in Australia.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Has this been the last game at home for Dravid and Laxman?

Maybe NO! Not sure about SA but NZ are slated to tour India in the end of 2010 for a few test matches. Also I think Dravid will continue till 2012 or so. He has found his peak form yet again with this series.

SA are only 2 points (122) behind India (124). I don't know how many points you get for a Test win, but I'm guessing SA will surpass India with a victory over England in the first Test.

I don`t think so. The system rewards you with more points if you beat a higher ranked side. India earned 5 points by beating SL (who were the No.2 side before this series, India were no.3). I`m pretty sure SA will not go ahead if they win by a slender margin against England because England are only ranked No.5 at the moment. In a way you are defending points when you are facing the lower ranked teams (eventhough they might be a very good side) and have everything to lose when facing sides ranked below you.

Which is why a 1-0 win in a 3 match series against Bangladesh will only lead to you losing points.

The system is simple. If you beat a team having higher rank than your team then you will gain 3 points and the other team losses 3 points but if you beat the team below your team rank then you will get 2 points.

2010 Can see India take over the No. 1 in all forms. They've done that, but it's time to maintain what they've got, No damn with the jelly arms again!

I feel Dhoni should rest for the T20's so that he can be charged up for the ODI's. If anyone needs rest, its Dhoni. Good that Bhajji and Zak are resting.

Impressive performance by India. I don't think they're as good as they looked here or SL as bad, but they deserve the credit anyway. Just remember that SL handled India pretty easily last year at home with two sides that were largely unchanged from these.

The main problem that the Lankans faced was their inability to bowl out India. Also,their bowling lacke the firepower.
This series also shows that the Lankans still depend or for that matter, over-depend on Murali to bail them out of trouble.They need good bowlers soon.

Their batting too struggled with the exception of one off performances by Mahela,Prasanna,Sanga and Dilshan.

Impressive performance by India. I don't think they're as good as they looked here or SL as bad, but they deserve the credit anyway. Just remember that SL handled India pretty easily last year at home with two sides that were largely unchanged from these.

That was almost entirely due to the mystery of Mendis, even then we managed to win at Galle. I don`t think they`d manage to beat us even in Sri Lanka at the moment.

If anything, these conditions are`nt a lot differenct to Sri Lanka. I don`t think Sri Lanka can complain a lot about the conditions not being familiar nor can India do that in Sri Lanka which is why I feel beating Sri Lanka in the subcontinent is as difficult as beating England in England because the Sri Lankan batting is pretty much very very solid when it comes to batting in the subcontinent.

aditya123 added 2 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

The main problem that the Lankans faced was their inability to bowl out India. Also,their bowling lacke the firepower.
This series also shows that the Lankans still depend or for that matter, over-depend on Murali to bail them out of trouble.They need good bowlers soon.

Their batting too struggled with the exception of one off performances by Mahela,Prasanna,Sanga and Dilshan.

Their bowling attack would still do reasonably well against other sides in these very conditions. Herath and Kulasekhara were super successful against Pakistan and NZ earlier this year. The Indian batting lineup in test cricket is a seasoned one and they`ve handled the spinners who are Sri Lanka`s strength very well which has made them look ineffective.

And to add to it, the Brabourne wicket was superb. If not for that Sehwag inning, this would`ve been a very close game on the last day.

111093.jpg

:clap

It's not so much being number 1 that makes me happy, but the fashion in which we ensured that we did. Two innings victories in a three match series vs Sri Lanka is something to be proud of.

Good to see Zak in the wickets. Shows that pace bowlers can bowl on Indian wickets like he and Sree showed. Well played India. :thumbs

Unfortunately we do not have too many Tests coming up this calendar year.
In order to maintain the No.1 rank,we would probably be required to beat the visiting Kiwis 3-0 or so. This,again depends upon how well the Aussies see off the Windies and also South Africa fending off England.

Users who are viewing this thread