Tournment Ends

1) Dhoni's matured batting in this test series did give me a hope that he is fit even to captain the test side.
2) Zaheer's outstanding bowling has rescued our poor fame in fast bowling department. But had we had the solution or answer to our fast bowling problems? I would say, NO! We should have atleast 3 Zaheer's with consistency. We will see.
3) Murali Vijay has shown excellent temperment in all his limited chances given to him. He should be the good replacement for Dravid at no 3 after his retirement.

Some positives are there, but we don't need Yuvraj in the test. Let him concentrate on ODIs alone like Bevan and Harris. We should bring Badrinath instead.

By the way India-SL is boring. Too many matches. :sleep

It's Zaheer's presence which mattered a lot, otherwise we saw how our pace bowlers failed :facepalm

Some positives are there, but we don't need Yuvraj in the test. Let him concentrate on ODIs alone like Bevan and Harris. We should bring Badrinath instead.

Yuvraj didn't do anything wrong in this Test Series. Scores of 68, 67 and 23 aren't that bad. It's not like he has epically failed.

Guys, from now on, we'll be having 5 ODI's every year for 5-6 years. (India to Sri Lanka).
I herd that news when India Defeated Sri Lanka in August 2008.

Yuvraj didn't do anything wrong in this Test Series. Scores of 68, 67 and 23 aren't that bad. It's not like he has epically failed.

Still, players with better temperment are waiting to get into the team XI. Yuvraj is not an ideal player to fit into Test XI. We need a player with smart strategies, patience, good temper, spending long time at the crease and not the explosive ones in the middle order.

Still, players with better temperment are waiting to get into the team XI. Yuvraj is not an ideal player to fit into Test XI. We need a player with smart strategies, patience, good temper, spending long time at the crease and not the explosive ones in the middle order.

Yes, but why fix something that isn't broken. Let him fail and then we can replace him. For now, he hasn't done much wrong.

Yuvraj has the potentional to obtain all of them qualities. Just think back to that partnership with Saruav Ganguly against Pakistan in 2007. He displayed all of them qualities in that knock of 169.

Yuvraj has the potentional to obtain all of them qualities. Just think back to that partnership with Saruav Ganguly against Pakistan in 2007. He displayed all of them qualities in that knock of 169.

I completely agree with Sanjay Bhai there He has good potential to play. He is like Sehwag who tries to hit each and every ball.

Yes, but why fix something that isn't broken. Let him fail and then we can replace him. For now, he hasn't done much wrong.

All of a sudden, we can't expect Badrinath or someone to perform right from the word GO! i.e. if Yuvraj hits the danger zone. Badrinath has waited long enough & it's enough. Atleast, they should try to give better opportunities to this guy. Didn't a player called Sharath was just wasted in domestic circuit itself ?

Moreover, it's Dhoni's trust on Yuvi which has kept him in the team XI. I am not saying that Yuvraj is the worst player, but we have better strategic players in our bag and considering that there are limited test fixtures for us.

Batting in India-SL-Pakistan is not at all a problem. Even Irfan Pathan have played better vital role with Dhoni once in Pakistan ( I think, same test series ). Getting 50's and 100's here & struggling to get cross double digit outside subcontinent is just of no use.

So India is the No.1 Test team! Zak and Sree will hopefully be back to the ODI squad too now.

Moreover, it's Dhoni's trust on Yuvi which has kept him in the team XI. I am not saying that Yuvraj is the worst player, but we have better strategic players in our bag and considering that there are limited test fixtures for us.

Kinda agree. But don't you think that dropping a cricketer from the team, despite the guy putting up a string of consistent performances in recent matches, will serve as a major blow to his confidence and morale? There's every chance of this affecting his ODI performance, and in ODIs, Yuvraj is an indispensable asset. And what if Badrinath fails too? Will it not become some sort of a joke then? Dropping a consistent performer and then again calling him back in just a matter of months?

@ surendar: What do you think about Sreesanth? He was very good in both tests since his comeback. It was he who started the rut for SL in the second innings here with the wicket of Parnavitana and bowled a beautiful spell. All throughout the test, he bowled really well with good movement and kept asking the questions to the batsmen.

Sreesanth should be a test regular. He fits into tests really well.

"A scheduled three Tests against world No.2 South Africa has been cancelled, denying all cricket supporters of a major series that would have had significant impact on the rankings. Instead, the Proteas will play five one-dayers." -Jamie Pandaram

Won't be number 1 for long if the only series in 2010 are against NZ and Bang both at the bottom rung

Users who are viewing this thread