Tournment Ends

Sehwag hits a huge six off Herath, Herath tries to employ the 'infamous Giles outside the leg' line, Sehwag reverse sweeps him for four as if to say "DONT TRY THAT ON ME"!!

What happended to Lankan bowlers ?? pathetic fielding .... full of rubbishness :facepalm

Why do you always keep blaming the opposition? There must be something which the Indians might be doing right because of which they`re getting the runs.

Have to say this - MURALI IS BOWLING RUBBISH!!!!

@ adi: Yes. India have batted superbly here. They have deflated SL so much here that SL are struggling on the field and with their body language.

OH DAMN OH DAMN!!!! I was waiting for that moment for this boy to get the hundred and what a disappointment!!! Well, but that was a wonderful innings that will definitely help Vijay's career a lot. Will atleast shut up mouths that said that he is getting chances only because he is from Tamil Nadu (the same place where Kris Srikanth hails from).

Have to say this - MURALI IS BOWLING RUBBISH!!!!

@ adi: Yes. India have batted superbly here. They have deflated SL so much here that SL are struggling on the field and with their body language.
Its an irony that you guys are watching it live in America while I have`nt been able to watch a single ball of the test series live so far due to my project at IIT B.

great innings, loved his cover drives. Solid player, what are his chances of becoming a regular in the India squad?

great innings, loved his cover drives. Solid player, what are his chances of becoming a regular in the India squad?

If Yuvraj fails often, then there could be a chance that Vijay can be slotted into the middle order even with Gambhir back in the squad. But with Yuvraj having had a few fifties in this series, Vijay will have to wait for his chance for sometime now. He can be a good batsman in ODI's too. In the beginning of his innings, he was scoring at a SR of 100 (or close to that) when Sehwag was initially circumspect. Will give the likes of Raina and Sharma good competition. But right now, he still has to spend more time as backup.

Sure thing. We have totally outplayed the Lankans thus far. This is the same pitch where most of the Lankan batsmen struggled to put runs on the board, and could hardly play our spinners properly. But now see us! We're hitting sixes and fours off a bowler like Murali! Is it some miracle?

Would be very tough to break into this lineup till one of the Fab 3 retires. He has had 3 innings in test cricket so far and looked like getting a big one each time. He missed out after a good start twice against the Aussies and now missed out on a well deserved hundred. Would be interesting to see how Sehwag would respond to that wicket. Not that hard to guess.

aditya123 added 3 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

I hope `The Monk` sticks around for another hour or so.

what are his chances of becoming a regular in the India squad?

Right now, there's no chance. Gambhir is doing a great job as an opener, and as Sai mentioned, Yuvraj too is going pretty consistent. I don't see him becoming a regular in the team anytime soon, that is unless one of our batsmen retire/pick up a major injury.

Not much at the moment. He's not a middle order player either imo, so there's no need to put him there. I'd actually like to see him play as a number three batsman once Dravid retires. I think he's really at his best at the top of the order.

Anywho, brilliant innings by Murali Vijay. Very classy. Been a supporter of his for a while now, and really glad he's making use of the few chances he's getting. The impressive thing about Vijay is that he always looks composed and relaxed, which you probably don't see with a lot of domestic batsmen.

Great knock from Sehwag too. Beastly. Disappointed for Angelo Mathews though. Really should've made the 100, but the occasion got to him I guess.

A guy like Badrinath who has been a run machine in domestic cricket has not been able to break into the Indian batting lineup due to the presence of so many big shot batsmen. Atleast Vijay got a chance to play 2 tests because he has been an opener and Gambhir had to miss 2 tests. Wish Badrinath also gets a chance like Vijay and puts up his case.

saisrini80 added 3 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Not much at the moment. He's not a middle order player either imo, so there's no need to put him there. I'd actually like to see him play as a number three batsman once Dravid retires. I think he's really at his best at the top of the order.

Anywho, brilliant innings by Murali Vijay. Very classy. Been a supporter of his for a while now, and really glad he's making use of the few chances he's getting. The impressive thing about Vijay is that he always looks composed and relaxed, which you probably don't see with a lot of domestic batsmen.

Great knock from Sehwag too. Beastly. Disappointed for Angelo Mathews though. Really should've made the 100, but the occasion got to him I guess.

Yeah, he will look good at No 3 because he looks to be technically solid, cool and composed.

Sehwag is getting himself ready for another double hundred (or triple maybe!:D). INCREDIBLE!

Users who are viewing this thread