Tournment Ends

I would love to see Sehwag break Lara's record, that 400* was not much fun to watch.

Even though Sehwag has smashed around bowlers in these types of innings on flattish pitches its still AMAZING to watch, his ball striking is so clean its ridiculous. For us overseas guys we dont get to see these innings on tv, thats why it would be nice if he could pull of one of these smashing double tons away from the subcontinent, so we get to see it!

Yea, India might have only been 413-1 at stumps.

Being an opener and giving that kind of a start is very crucial. Had Vijay not been there with Sehwag, maybe we might have lost more wickets and scored far lesser runs than what we have done. Our batsmen rely on the good starts given by the openers to build upon.

saisrini80 added 5 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

What's the pitch like? I'm guessing it's not a complete flat track or Sri Lanka wouldn't have been bundled out for under 400 today.

Oh, and well played to Murali Vijay. Looks a good prospect and has so far done the job perfectly in the two test he has played. Lol at Muralitharan going at almost 6 an over though. I don't know if it's funny or sad TBH.

Yeah. I dont think its a complete flat track. How can a team that started off the first session of Day 1 at almost 5 runs per over without losing a wicket, get all out for 400 and then the next team scores 443/1 in less than a day? Its just plain brilliant batting by India and Sehwag. We will bat most of tomorrow and have a lead of 350 before we declare and let SL survive the final two days.

Sehwag - :hpraise:hpraise:banana2:clap:happy WHAT A MAN!! I wish he breaks Lara's record tomorrow. He has all the time in the world to do it and also make sure India has the time to win. Such is the way he bats! And Dravid - :clap:banana2 Well played! Get your third successive ton (in tests). Sachin must be sitting inside and thinking "These guys are batting this well, when will I get my chance to bat?". But I think Sachin might not be needed at all if Sehwag and Dravid continue batting like this.

I just woke up this morning and saw the scorecard. Sehwag just killed Sri Lanka. Hope he breaks Lara's record. He deserves it.

Virender Sehwag will make 500.

The Murderous Monk. The Sri lankan's are sure to be clueless.

Last edited:
India doesn't need to win this match so they need not declare. They just need to bat Sri Lanka out of the game by getting a huge lead. Negative, but I think that's the way to go. So basically, India will win if Sri Lanka tries to win after India bats them out of the game because it is pretty much impossible.

I don't think Sehwag is going to get a 400. In fact, I don't think he's going to get to his triple either. That's just a gut feeling. I think the Lankans will be back tomorrow since this is do or die time for them.

If all goes to plan for India, they should bat out the day tomorrow and score about 700-750 and then put the Lankans in.

India will just go along batting as it doesn't matter anyway as they are already one nil up and Sri Lanka have no chance of winning.They'll just let Sehwag bat on and let him try to break Lara's record.

we should probably all do our "I woke up and checked the scoreboard" posts.

I woke up and saw the headline "sehwag pulverises sri lanka" and was sort of like "pulverises? that's a bit strong for cricinfo. what's the scorecard... four hundred and... how is that poss... holy ████."

Users who are viewing this thread