Turning off the bowling reticle

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The bowling reticle can be turned off in AC09, which might make the game a bit more challenging? I don't really have the time for testing this out, so I'd like some feedback on it. I've attached the files that'll disable the reticle.

The first mod disables the bowling reticle completely. The second one displays the pitch point just when the ball leaves the bowlers hand. Use the big editor to replace the global.db file in startup.wad in Async.big.w32 file with the appropriate version of from the rar file. If you use the wrong version, the game will crash. So, if you've installed the open beta 1 patch, use global - beta1.db and so on.

This is a just a proof-of-concept. It permenantly disables the reticle. You won't be able to see it when bowling which might be undesirable. If it does improve the game, I'll make a proper mod with more options.

Make a backup of the global.db file before replacing it, so that you can restore the reticle if you don't like the mod.

Attachments

• No Reticle.rar
    614.6 KB · Views: 216
  • Late Pitch Point.rar
    614.6 KB · Views: 243

Viral Shah

International Coach
Yep AbBh its working and here's some screen shots of no reticle while batting.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2010-06-06 18-31-58-36.jpg
    Cricket2009 2010-06-06 18-31-58-36.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 157
  • Cricket2009 2010-06-06 18-31-59-11.jpg
    Cricket2009 2010-06-06 18-31-59-11.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Cricket2009 2010-06-06 18-32-00-06.jpg
    Cricket2009 2010-06-06 18-32-00-06.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 134

singhy44

Club Captain
No reticule will make bowling absolutely horrible...but could work for batting
The late reticule seems more like it, but does that affect bowling as well?
If you could make the reticule always the same colour, and appear perhaps slightly later but still make bowling practical, I think that would be ideal.
But great find :)
Also, will this get rid of edited fields?

Last edited:

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
batting does become harder, but the AI doesn't it still just bowls every ball in the same place every time basically. Facing a short ball without reticule would be near impossible if the AI varied its length.

BTW AbBh, the catching reticule gets turned off aswell.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
No reticule will make bowling absolutely horrible...but could work for batting
The late reticule seems more like it, but does that affect bowling as well?
If you could make the reticule always the same colour, and appear perhaps slightly later but still make bowling practical, I think that would be ideal.
Yeah, you don't see the marker when bowling with the late reticule mod either. I just need feedback on batting. If it does improve batting, it might be worth implementing this in a more advanced way.

Also, will this get rid of edited fields?
Yes, it will.

batting does become harder, but the AI doesn't it still just bowls every ball in the same place every time basically.
Yeah, that is another issue.

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
It will improve gameplay if you manage to edit controls to "Power mouse" it will be better also if somehow batting action cam be implemented then it will be great gameplay
anyway great work there :hpraise:hpraise

singhy44

Club Captain
Just a bit of an update.
Having used this for almost a month, I find it a very useful addition, and well worth further development.
I've been playing on normal (because I'm rubbish), using it for bowling and batting. Batting is certainly more challenging, and great for me as I found myself stuck between normal and hard: one was too easy, one was too hard. The variation in length makes timing tricky, although it does encourage choosing your shot very early and preparing for the ball.
Surprisingly it also adds to bowling, with the AI getting better scores in general. I got hit for 205 in a T20, but there have been a few 120> scores.
All in all, this really does make a big difference, and I'd love to see what more you can do.

shrenik

International Coach
Playing AC09 with no reticle makes batting more intriguing...its a wonderful addition...Thanks Ab

However, the only thing that bothers me is that you don't get the reticle while bowling/catching.....can this issue be solved Ab?

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
All in all, this really does make a big difference, and I'd love to see what more you can do.
I was planning on making the reticule dependent on the batsman's confidence/ability. Its a little too late now. Had some free time back in June but I'm very busy now.

However, the only thing that bothers me is that you don't get the reticle while bowling/catching.....can this issue be solved Ab?
Yes, but it can't be done with a db edit.

P Squared

International Coach
Now only if we had action cam...Though I think thats going to be a touch time consuming.

Users who are viewing this thread