Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Got this and Fallout on my watchlist after three months. Hope they don’t release any banger shows in the meantime.
Just finished the Fallout series. Makes me want to try the games as well. Really really good

The Boys S4 and The Bear S3 are on my watchlist for the year.

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
Do we need to know the game to appreciate the movie? I neither played it nor do I know what it's about.
Haven't played any of the games and understood the story completely. Also, it is not a movie (TV series)

Bevab

Staff Member
Just finished the Fallout series. Makes me want to try the games as well. Really really good

The Boys S4 and The Bear S3 are on my watchlist for the year.

New Vegas with mods to ensure the game doesn’t break is supposed to be one of the best gaming experienced of all time, can’t go wrong with that if you’re willing to tolerate the jank. Fallout 4 was also supposed to be decent. And despite 76’s rocky launch, it has been updated to be in a solid state now and has a decent community plus fanbase.

I really disliked the Boys S3 finale due to how sloppily it handled some of the character arcs away from where they were leading towards due to having a predetermined ending that was decided much earlier. Feel like they’ve written themselves into a corner with Homelander where they realise him being unhinged and a constant threat is the main attraction which leads to them feeding into it even at the expense of other characters. S4 would have to be really good to pull me back in.

Do we need to know the game to appreciate the movie? I neither played it nor do I know what it's about.

I don’t think so from the comments I’ve seen but the show does have a huge list of callbacks and easter eggs from the games that were apparently worked into the story very well.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I'm familiar with the games from video essays about them and that's it.

New Vegas with mods to ensure the game doesn’t break is supposed to be one of the best gaming experienced of all time, can’t go wrong with that if you’re willing to tolerate the jank. Fallout 4 was also supposed to be decent. And despite 76’s rocky launch, it has been updated to be in a solid state now and has a decent community plus fanbase.

I don’t think so from the comments I’ve seen but the show does have a huge list of callbacks and easter eggs from the games that were apparently worked into the story very well.
The biggest complaint I've seen from some Fallout fans (apart from the incels and racists) is to do with some retconning of the timeline as the show is part of the same 'canon' as the games (which is irrelevant if you've not played the games) but on the whole it's seems very well received.

Users who are viewing this thread