Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
- So I think that they have changed the rules on the tied Super Overs after the 2019 World Cup. Subsequent Super Overs are to be played, time restrictions are a thing, but get this. The original bowler can't bowl again. And if any batsmen were out, they can't bat again. This could potentially see an 11th Super Over bowled by your wicketkeeper to two tail enders. Hey, if Mark Boucher can have one Test wicket bowling...
And what if the 11th Super Over is tied too?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think you have given ICC a perfect situation of 'What next?' to think upon
We'll probably have to wait for the 2119 WC Final to end with a shared trophy because no one knows what do after the 11th tied Super Over, before the ICC thinks about it :p

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
We'll probably have to wait for the 2119 WC Final to end with a shared trophy because no one knows what do after the 11th tied Super Over, before the ICC thinks about it :p
I guess then they will again go to who hit more boundaries and then even if those are same, then who lost less wickets, again if that is tied too, they will go to toss or who ended up with better NRR in the group stage may be

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
I think in the extremely unlikely event that the 11th Super Over is Tied, it should go down to what they do it football with the sudden death. I hit a four you hit a four too. I hit a six, well...if you don't hit a six you're gone from the tournament. But guys...let's keep this thread (relatively) official...[DOUBLEPOST=1598253963][/DOUBLEPOST]It's weird that the rule change came just after the World Cup...

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I think you have given ICC a perfect situation of 'What next?' to think upon[DOUBLEPOST=1598253644][/DOUBLEPOST]
In this case however, both the bails were on the stumps, so even if he clipped the bails over, that would have count too

The point was more, if you obliterate them, you definitely take one out of the ground :lol

Verified Enigma

Champions League Winner
Avengers
@Parth D If both the fielding side and both batsmen have jogged the double run and have figured that the play for that ball is over, then you can't give the boundary and thus you will signal dead ball. It's one of those weird things about balls being dead without being in the wicketkeeper's gloves that made me ask the question. If, however, play is alive because of that clause not being fulfilled, then anything that happens is to be taken into consideration.
If I (the umpire) has already judged the ball dead and the ball isnt in play anymore and the bowler slips the ball after this, then I will award just 2 runs to the batting side and not give a boundary even though he slipped it

However if I (the umpire) didn't give a call so that means the ball is still in play so everything that happens naturally and not deliberately on the field, I will allow it. So even if an unintentional mis-field leads to boundary, I will give it to batting side.

Verified Enigma

Champions League Winner
Avengers
I think in the extremely unlikely event that the 11th Super Over is Tied, it should go down to what they do it football with the sudden death. I hit a four you hit a four too. I hit a six, well...if you don't hit a six you're gone from the tournament. But guys...let's keep this thread (relatively) official...[DOUBLEPOST=1598253963][/DOUBLEPOST]It's weird that the rule change came just after the World Cup...
It is extemely unlikely that the first or atleast the second super over is tied in the first place
But since we are into this fantasy of what if, and however disastrous it sounds, if it becomes plausible, in that case what should be the next course of action is what we have to find out.

It's weird that the rule change came just after the World Cup...
Learning from the mistakes is a good sign on ICC's part

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
I actually like that rule about not having the same bowler in subsequent Super Overs, and also not having the out batsmen. It's a weird rule, it's something that will never come up...well again, that is. Once is enough in 2019. Twice would be pushing it (so you know it will happen)...three times is a farce. That's why thr ICC took precautions.

Verified Enigma

Champions League Winner
Avengers
How about a bowl out after the 11th super over?

Users who are viewing this thread