Upgrading my laptop

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi there folks,
I'm using Sony VAIO VPCEH35EN Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 320GB/ Win7 HB/ 512 MB Graph) - Sony: Flipkart.com since nearly two years now.
I can play most of the latest/old games smoothly either on Max settings/Average settings.But,after going through the system requirements by the latest games like say Battlefield 4 my graphics card/RAM does need a upgrade.I even wish to play those games in High-Quality which I can't now.
My question is it possible to upgrade my graphics card? Asking this after hearing from people some laptops don't support upgrading your graphics card mainly 'coz of it being attached with the CPU.
A)If I can,which graphics card should I go for mainly for gaming?
B)And should I upgrade my RAM along with this? Which would be suitable 3/4GB
C)Do I need to format my laptop,if I wish to upgrade any of the two?
Thanks.
Secondly,I apologize for creating a separate thread for this.:)

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
My question is it possible to upgrade my graphics card?
No. Though in some cases you may be able to let your computer share more video memory over the 512MB that's dedicated for it based on the specs. There's a fairly bad video on YouTube here that gives one example, but it depends on the machine.

B)And should I upgrade my RAM along with this? Which would be suitable 3/4GB
The minimal cost differential means you may as well get 4GB, but unless you have a 64-bit version of Windows you won't be able to utilise all of it.

C)Do I need to format my laptop,if I wish to upgrade any of the two?
No.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Very sad to know I can't upgrade the graphics card,need to get a new system then which I can't get now maybe later.Always thought,I could buy a new one and these Sony tech guys would replace it..damn.
Well,yes I use a 64-bit version of Windows.
Also can you please elaborate the reason why I can't upgrade my graphics card?
Thanks again,bro.:)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Because on the majority of laptops the graphics card is just a chip soldered to the motherboard, and even if you could replace it, your options would be very limited if any.

Users who are viewing this thread