v3.07 How are you doing and your thoughts.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
So guys V3.07 is out, what are your thoughts so far?

I've started a save with Suriname and came last in WCL 6. But had some decent performances from players. One of my openers finished up with an average of 38 and a top score of 61. An allrounder who averaged 51 with the bat and 40 with the ball, top score of 56* and took 4/160 in the tournement at 4.60 rpo. Also had a decent allrounder who struggled at first but came right in the last 2 matches of the tournement by scoring 52* and took 4 wickets.

I've found a couple of bugs but aside from that it's a vast improvement.

I downloaded it for a 2-day trial but then realised that since I had downloaded Cricket Coach 3.02 or some version that bugged out ridiculously it still affected my trial and I don't have any now. :(

Can you take associate teams and eventually get ODI and Test status? I will buy this game tonight if you can! Also are the USA available as a team? How does this generally stack up against ICC09?

Sorry for the barrage of questions.

Can you take associate teams and eventually get ODI and Test status? I will buy this game tonight if you can! Also are the USA available as a team? How does this generally stack up against ICC09?

Yeah, you can control teams down to about WCL Div 5 i think it is and it's a long road but you can get them to test/ODI status.

Yeah USA are higher up the ranks. Start of in Div 3 on the game rather than Div 5 like in real life.

Also There are 6 divisions you can play as unlike the soon to be 8 in real life.

I downloaded it for a 2-day trial but then realised that since I had downloaded Cricket Coach 3.02 or some version that bugged out ridiculously it still affected my trial and I don't have any now. :(

A demo for the people who haven't bought it is coming out next week. You can play 6 weeks in game time (enough to play in a world cricket league tournement.) also you get to play one T20 International and One ODI or Test.

Last edited:
I've gotta admit, ever since Oli told me about his idea to do this I've pestered him for information and every time he'd added something more.

I did a little bit of testing for him, just to make sure some bugs he'd not got hold of would be found by me, and I got USA up to near test status, which was extremely difficult. I would imagine the best bet for test status is Ireland and Scotland.

Massively enjoying the challange.

If people want to try out Bangladesh, that should be quite a decent challange, you actually have to get some wins else its bye bye test status :)

I think the game itself is much improved, I feel its a bit quicker as well, which adds to the game as I can either zoom through so many years, or take it slow and really see the depth of the game.

Who are you playing as?

I think the game itself is much improved, I feel its a bit quicker as well, which adds to the game as I can either zoom through so many years, or take it slow and really see the depth of the game.

Who are you playing as?

Gibraltar. I want to live the impossible dream of guiding a division 6 team to test status, the problem is though is it's impossible as the teams become too good and your team doesn't seem to improve :noway.

I started a save a Suriname originaly unaware they were programmed to be the worst team and had 3 years with them came 6th, 4th and 5th in WCL 6 so changed to Gibraltar where I came second in WCL 6 and am coming first in WCL 5.

It's a great new feature but I wish it was a tad easier. And from what Oli's been saying on the Cricket Coach forums it sounds like it is actually impossible to take a team from Div 6 to test status.

Anything is possible, its just more possible with the likes of Scotland and Ireland, even with them, its still difficult.

Keep plugging away! You might just pick up some really good youths :)

Anything is possible, its just more possible with the likes of Scotland and Ireland, even with them, its still difficult.

Keep plugging away! You might just pick up some really good youths :)

I am confused, is this game availalbe? Is this CC 2009? what is v3? is that a user made patch or an official patch?

Cricket Coach 2009 has had a number updates to fix things, but more importantly, add lots of things!

Cricket Coach 2009 v3.07 is the one which has just released, it includes minnows such as Afghanistan, Ireland and Netherlands who you can control and try to reach the top. The game also goes on, and on, and on, so you've got endless time to get there.

Ofcourse, like me, I'm keeping up the challenge with England.

Does ICC09 actually end at some point in the international mode?

Users who are viewing this thread