Virus stopping installation of Cricket 2004

Chasa

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have just bought a copy of Cricket 2004 in Oslo. When I was going to install the programme, I disabled my (Norton) anti-virus software as instructed. Nevertheless, this software intervened, claiming that the "autorun" file of the cricket game represented a "high risk".

Due to this warning, I haven?t dared to install the game - even if it is possible to ignore the anti-virus programme?s warning, and forge ahead.

I hope someone can help me out here. Is this a common problem, with a simple solution? Or could it be some weird problem specific to the copy of the game (which looks perfectly fine & legit to me) which I?ve bought?

All the best,
Chasa

Sometimes it's just the virus checker being over-protective. You should be fine but if you have the chance I'd take it back to the shop and tell them about the problem.

You could install it without going through the autorun by just running the setup.exe file. Perhaps norton's settings are set so it doesnt allow running of script files, the autorun file would be one of these.

Ste

Dude. Get rid of the norton junk. Norton is total garbage.
And totally stay away from the Systemworks ( or Norton SystemDoesn'tWork ;)

Horrible Norton is.

fanirama said:

Horrible Norton is.

I have used Norton for the last 2 years with no problems whatsoever.

fanirama said:

Horrible Norton is.

I couldnt agree more !! Norton sucks ,big-time !! I dont see any other antivirus better than NOD32..

use Zonealarm it is great, even the free version and go to microsoft's website and download their FREE excellent anti-spyware program! these two are excellent and work without any pains in neck! ;) then install the game and see what happens, if it works....fine....if not then take it back to the shop and wait for BLIC2005 or cricket 2005 or buy cricket 2004 at your wish!

I've been using Zone Alarm & Norton for many years & they work fine.

One must understand them & know how to utilise then for the best result or it would be only crap .

Thanks for the tips. After checking with the store, I decided to take the risk and install the game. There have been no problems so far.

Users who are viewing this thread