VPL - General Discussion & Announcements

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Right, well many of you will have seen how the first half season of the VPL went and those results shall be entered into the history of the league as a nice little first entry. But where could the Vigin Premier League have been improved? Well this is where I need some of your help.

I have a few ideas that wouldn't mind putting up for discussion, i.e the idea of a multi-league structure or a different sort of league structure. The way I see it there are a few ideas, there could either be;

1) Two separate groups i.e Group A & Group B. Each team plays the other in their respective leagues and then the top 2 of each league qualify for the semi finals and finals.

or

2) Tiered league structure, where the already formed teams are put in one league, with the newly formed teams in another and then relegation/promotion occurs. This may see cutting the leagues sizes to about 10-14. That way the seasons won't last so long.

Then the cups, I still plan on having cups but could have one like the Champions League style and then one straight knock out as well. Any inputs from people?

Imager36

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tiers for me, knockouts in a league doesn't work too well. You end up with too much luck coming into the final reckoning. I like the sound of the two cups as well, and the different styles help the variety.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Okay, so gone with the two league structure. The original Virgin Premier League and then the subsequent 1st division which shall be known as Red Bull Division 1 or Championship, which ever is preferred.

How do you think the teams should be divided into the leagues? Random lists? Or make it so that the people who joined first are in one league, and then the people who joined second are in the other? At the moment it looks like there will be 14 in each league (if someone else doesn't sign up, I will just create another random team).

blake

School Cricketer
Red Bull Championship, and maybe have a couple of rounds of grading to decide the leagues structure.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Tell ya what, I'll stick everyone in one league, sim a season and then that will decide the league standings.

blake

School Cricketer
Alright, but don't reveal the results and randomise the order of the teams so we have no idea if there is a standout team, or at least not until quite a few rounds in.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
What do you mean? I don't quite get what your trying to say.

Ollie_H added 4 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Don't worry I got it now, it's all good.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Right so, the db is basically done, just gotta make the last few changes and then give it a test run. I had a play off system in place for the top 4 when winning the title, but it wasn't working very well when it was linked to the 'Community Shield' style trophy. So think I will take that out and just leave it as whoever comes first wins. With only 13 games in the league (can make it 26 if you want) then no one team should end up running away too much and should keep it tight. That all being said, I can announce the where teams have been placed for Season 1. The Virgin Premier League is the First Tier of football, with the Red Bull Championship the Second Tier.

Virgin Premier League.
Delusion FC - Wayne Rooney, James Milner, Dymtri Chygrnskyi, Juan Manuel Mata, Obafemi Martins
FC Costra Nostra - Phillip Lahm, Nigel de Jong, David Beckham, Antonio Valencia, Stewart Downing.
FC United of London - Mahamdou Sakho, Mesut Ozil, Neymar, Sergio Romero, Ali Al Habsi
Golden Warriors - Frank Lampard, Bojan, Branislav Ivanovic, Michael Dawson, Edinson Cavani
Leeberpul FC - Frank Ribery, Sergio Aguero, Jack Rodwell, Maarten Stekelenburg, Esteban Cambiasso
Liverpool Leg Ends XI - Mathieu Flamini, Joe Cole, Lukas Podolski, Tim Howard, Oscar Cardozo
Livingston FC - Nemanja Vidic, Fernando Torres, Alex Hleb, Steven Defour, Alberto Aquilani
Mangalore United - Gareth Barry, Igor Akinfeev, Ivan Cordoba, Edin Dzeko, Arjen Robben
Melbourne FC - Nani, Steven Gerrard, Raul Albiol, Buffon, Tim Cahill
Mumbai United - Carlos Cuellar, Ilker Casillas, David Villa, Bogdan Lobont, Wilson Palacios,
Pakhtunkwa FC - David Silva, Darijo Srna, Pepe Reina, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Simon Kjaer
Tasmania United - Kaka, Diego Forlan, Landon Donovan, Valon Behrami, Christian Ledesma
White Tigers- Petr Chech, Mario Ballotelli, Mikel Arteta, Daniele De Rossi, Aaron Ramsey
Zorax Football Club - Manuel Neuer, Francesco Totti, Doni, Ryan Giggs, Sami Nasri

Red Bull Championship
AFC Kiko - Pepe, Eduardo, Andrey Arshavin, Royston Drenthe, Jakob Poulsen
Barnstaple Town FC - Alexis Sanchez, Fernando Gago, Marouane Chamakh, Rafael De Silva, Younes Kaboul
Black Angels - Phillpe Mexes, Jesus Navas, Luka Modric, Juan Manuel Vargas, Klaas Jan Huntelaar
Black Eagles - Hulk, Danny Alves, Julio Cesar, Thomas Vermaelen, Vagner Love
Eccentric Champions - Anderson, Yoaan Gourcuff, Niklas Bendtner, Emiliano Ins?a, Matias Fernandez
Ghetto Superstars - Diego Lugano, Gonzalo Higuain, Diego Milito, Michelle Bastos, Romelu Lukaku
Legen Dary FC - Joe Hart, Christiano Ronaldo, Pedro Leon, Mohamed Sissoko, Theo Walcott
Majestic Kings FC - Deco, David Trezeguet, Ricardo Carvalho, Sidnei Gouvou, Manuel Almunia
Senfrica - Kolo Toure , Marco Senna, Brad Friedel, John Carew, Guiseppi Rossi
Starz United - Robinho, Kleberson, John Heitinga, Giovanni von Bronckhorst.
Sydney Superstars - Victor Valdes, Angel Di Maria, Yaya Toure, Matthew Upson, Miguel Veloso
Two Left Feet - Messi, Seydou Keita, Tomasz Kuszczak, Christian Benitez, Ledley King
Waverley FC - Xabi Alonso, Andre-Pierre Gignac, Carlos Marchena, Goran Pandev, Genaro Gattuso
West Ham Resurgence - Rio Ferdinand, Loic Remy, Miroslav Klose, Shay Given, Gary Cahill.

Now you're wondering where all these players came from. I decided to start you all with some talent in your squad, the first 4 players are from the players you signed in the first season whilst the 5th player, I tried to pick from your second season. If you didn't sign anyone good and well known in the second season, then he was taken from the build up the 3rd or from your squad in the 1st. Hope you all understand. Any questions just shoot and feel free to point out any mistakes!

Last edited:

Imager36

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Loving Mumbai's single player :p

Good to see Ferdinand and Given in WHR, although it's a shame we're in the Championship :D

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Oh yeah, I meant to put that in, but it took me so long to write that post it blew over my head when I had finished with it. I will add Mumbai's 4 other players, I just forgot to do them when I was initially writing it all down as it was on the turn of the page.

Users who are viewing this thread