Want to play CR on low end PC-Follow these steps

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello mates!I have made this thread for the users having low end PCs and are being disappointed after seeing the minimum requirements of Cricket Revolution.
A great news for them is you can play CR on low end pc and i am successful to run that game.

If you first run the game after installing,It would run but will lag a little which irritates me,so i made further optimizations on my PC.

My PC specs:

RAM - 256MB
GFX - intel 845(64 MB)
DirectX - v9c

Note: I have no antivirus installed and any other software that would lag my PCs performance.

Steps to increase the performance of CR on low End PC:

1: Defragment your Hard Drive(mainly in which you installed CR & there should be large amount of free space in your hard drive).

2: Increase the virtual Memory(Paging File) BY doing these(OPTIONAL,WILL CAUSE SLOWING OF PC)
(i):Right Click My computer icon and click on Properties
(ii):Click on Advanced Tab and then further click on Settings Tab under Performance.
(iii):Performance Options window will open,Click on Advanced Tab
(iv):Click on Change tab Under Virtual Memory Options.
(v):Select the drive in which you installed the game and select Custom size,then change the paging file size
Initial:2500MB
Maximum:2500MB
Note: This process consumes approximately 2.5GB Hard Disk.
Set the paging file further below if you want but it should be greater than 1024.
(vi):Click OK on all the opened windows and Restart your computer.
3: Download CCleaner and clean all the registry of your PC using this software and then Restart your PC.

THATS DONE!

set the resolution 1024X1024X16 and Graphics quality on low using the options given inside the game.

now Run the game but you should remember that no background tasks should be kept on.Close them using task Manager.

Now your Cricket Revolution would Run very smoothly.
ENJOY!

Further patches of Disabling the CR logo after every ball should help more on increasing the performance.

--Nabeel--

Last edited:

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
nothing...
when you install every program,it saves its registry in your computer from the time your computer is formatted...these files gets accumulated and is a major cause of lagging of your computer...

after you clean your registry,the programs' registry gets cleaned from computer....
it will not affect your pc but the program can ask that registry file is missing,just place the registry file in root directory and run it...(occurs in very rare cases)

all these steps will not harm your PC!:D

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
Huh!
I am an XP user and i have done this even on 40 GB Hard Disk but remember you sould have a lot of free space....

It will not affect your PC's performance...
It will just increase your virtual memory(RAM) by using your hard disk...

harrisb

International Coach
so, if i do this, will it work for other games, say rfactor,

also, will this take up any memory, i only have a gb of Hard drive space left,

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
It will work for other games too.....

since you have only a GB left therefore first remove those things that you do no require....
you should have a free space of approx 4 GB,then increase the paging file to 1024 MB...

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
OK
Run Ccleaner
Defragment your harddrive(this will take a lot of time)
and increase the paging file according to your convenience...
increase it to 500 GB with 2 GB left for free....

then,try to run the game

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Huh!
I am an XP user and i have done this even on 40 GB Hard Disk but remember you sould have a lot of free space....

It will not affect your PC's performance...
It will just increase your virtual memory(RAM) by using your hard disk...

Unless you have a Solid-state HDD, increasing your virtual memory will surely degrade overall performance. RAM are much quicker than hard-disks.

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
thats right,but increasing Virtual RAM about of 500MB will cause very little on peformance and in addition,i have also written that to perform that action,you should be having a large free Hard Disk space....

Users who are viewing this thread