Want to Start your Own League, Read This First.

Is this thread Helpful?

• Total voters

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
This thread has been started by me for letting the new comers know that conducting a league looks easy but while implementing, it'll eat the total time.
I've said some points based on my experience with this section.

So, Before starting a league, do note these points:
1) Check the simulator you are using twice before starting a league. It may create many problems if it stops working at midst of the league.
2) Have Back up of all the information, matches of your league for future references.
3) Maximum,try to have a league with 8 or less teams as having more than that creates headache while the league is going on.
4) Give ownership of a team to an active person so as to avoid waiting for line ups.

While conducting a league, do note these points:
Main Point to be followed:
Follow the Rules.
Link for the rules of Cricket Leagues section: Click Me.
1) Keep it updating daily.
2) Too many matches can spoil the league.
3) Try avoiding posting commentary. Instead, upload the commentary text file to the post so that people having doubts about simulating the match can be clarified.
4) Do note to use "CODE" tags while posting Scorecard.
5) If you use simulator which can't provide commentary, post all required stuff like Partnerships, Batting Stats, Bowling Stats along with scorecard.

Its not necessary to write up the total match but still, if you're interested, write up the details of match.

If you can't follow at least ONE point from the above points, kindly don't start a league as these are the main points to be followed to conduct a league.

Just, like me, be a spectator, or participant in some of the leagues like WPL, CCPC, NZPL etc and have fun.

Last, but not the least,
Good Luck:thumbs.

Aussie Team

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
1 Problem In PCCS, There Is No Commentary,Partnerships.Please Help.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
And one more essay on this is to come in distribution of players soon:)

Binnu added 1 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Ball by ball updates is enough to prove that the match has been simulated. And thank you 20-20 pro:)

Aussie Team

Panel of Selectors
And This Is Very Important For All.:hpraise
9 To 10 Time You Think About This,You Will Get To Start A League.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Do not use the CODE tags for scorecards? Surely you mean do not use the QUOTE tags? CODE tags are what keeps it all in-line

harrisb

International Coach
why shouldn't we post scorecards in CODE, that's pretty much the only way to show Cricksim and CS09 scorecards, unless you make them look pretty in photoshop.

however, i don't believe that leagues should be about the graphics, i believe that everyone should be running a league for enjoyment, and if you're not enjoying running or participating in it, you shouldn't be doing it.

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
You can use code or quote, it's up to them, this isn't some serious info, its pretty easy to figure everything out by other leagues

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Quote distracts the order of scorecard. Code is the right one to use:). Treva and Brook, I said them to use code tags which hedgy explained:)

Binnu added 5 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

And brook, you can't end a league, which includes high amounts of vCash by saying "I'm not enjoying here in this league". Stopping a story can be given the specified reason but you can't stop a league with the reason above.

Binnu added 2 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Mad: try it by quoting some score card in some cricsim run league and have a look at preview. You'll come to know what the major difference is:)

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
A few weeks ago, I was thinking of doing the exact same thing.
Not really helpful to me, as I've been around this section for a few months now. :p

Users who are viewing this thread