Warney Retires from First Class Cricket

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Shane Warne has announced his retirement from first-class cricket while ending his eight-year association with the county side Hampshire. Warne, 38, had been a regular with Hampshire since 2000 and led them from 2004. Dimitri Mascarenhas will succeed Warne as captain.

Both sides reached a mutual agreement after prolonged discussions between Warne and Rod Bransgrove, the Hampshire chairman. Warne's diverse business interests, his participation in the Indian Premier League (IPL) - where he is captain-coach of the Rajasthan Royals - and his need to spend time with his children in Australia meant he would not be able to commit time to Hampshire over the coming seasons.

For more :

CLICK HERE

Ya Sad...
Actually I have never watched English First class Cricket...
But Hampshire will miss him...Anyway Hes too old now..he should rest now..

Warney is leaving professional cricket in the right way, in my opinion. He played international cricket and then, although his performances were a tad shoddy, he took a County under his wing and is now bowing out with some IPL T20 - pleasing the worldwide TV audience once more. Once he retires as a player, I can see him staying with the Royals for a little while.

im dissapointed as i was looking forward to seeing him at old trafford this season but we all new it was comeing sooner or later

Well he would of had to go eventually. I hear he is going to play some professional poker or something like that.

Ahh great test bowler he was!

Well he would of had to go eventually. I hear he is going to play some professional poker or something like that.

aww naw! time for some strip poker.. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread