IPL Well another IPL this year!

X Factor

Panel of Selectors
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
BCCI has announced another T20 league this year. The t20 league will be named as "Mini IPL or IPL overseas" various things are still not cleared by Anurag Thakur about the number of teams, league format, players participation, and the most important thing venues are still not confirmed

Is it really needed to be hosted? is this the requirement of time?

Post your thoughts

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It's useless. This is why the IPL will always be seen as a soulless money machine and nothing more.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Agree with Cereal here

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What is point to start another IPL? Are BCCI aren't satisfied with the bulk of money they generate from IPL?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
It not a new thing I guess. We had a slight hint of this league last year. This league should've been started last September and due to busy schedules of players and lack of sponsors, this was called off. I term it as a rumor and nothing else. September is not a holiday or cricket fest month in India.

However, this gonna end as a failure if it really takes place. I wonder if the franchise owners are ready to spend crores of money on players after 4 months of actual IPL closing. There will be no sponsors, spectators (busy with personal life) and grounds considering the fact that its a monsoon season in India and it is very difficult for ground curators to once again sweat hard and get everything ready within two months. I heard that the preparations for the actual Indian Premier League will start in the month of December and the same event will commence in the month of April every year - which means the board needs atleast 4 months to set up the things and get the event going.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
However, this gonna end as a failure if it really takes place. I wonder if the franchise owners are ready to spend crores of money on players after 4 months of actual IPL closing. There will be no sponsors, spectators (busy with personal life) and grounds considering the fact that its a monsoon season in India and it is very difficult for ground curators to once again sweat hard and get everything ready within two months. I heard that the preparations for the actual Indian Premier League will start in the month of December and the same event will commence in the month of April every year - which means the board needs atleast 4 months to set up the things and get the event going.

Don't think these points will be an issue if its held overseas. September tournament in US/Canada is what I am hoping for now .. so i can go watch these guys in action, even though I wont give a damn about the league itself

X Factor

Panel of Selectors
X Rebels
UAE/USA are the most possible venues for new IPL. but UAE is preferable much.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India