Wellington

R

radaga

whats someones highest score at Wellington, i don't know why but i can never seem to bat well when i play there? ;)
Maybe its just a mental thing??? <_< :huh: :unsure:

Kar_ind

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Haven't noticed the play bu rangeela in the last 2 ODI series? 200 in 10 overs 347 in 20

R

Rangeela

I dont think the ground makes a big factor in the game....... its the pitch that varies the runrate

S

sonic

NZ pitches are always very slow which makes scoring runs much harder...even seeing their grounds in real life, the grass is always very green and very long...what's their problem, do they have no ground staff :blink: :lol:

K

killa_stiky2002

Ground does have something to do with it

Think about this. Same line...same lenght...same speed...same pitch type...same land elevation (for ball travel) same bowler same batsman.......
The difference is....maybe the ball would go for 6 in a small ground like Guyana...or Barbados.....but if it was a big one like Wellington...or MCG....it might be caught or just 4.

R

radaga

yer that is a good point cause i make more runs at sydney than at melbourne, because the SCG is a lot smaller than the MCG in real life.

S

sonic

apparently the largest boundaries in the game are found at Leeds, England..dunno if its true

thanks
sonic

:dave:

R

Rangeela

Originally posted by killa_stiky2002@May 3 2003, 12:08 PM
Ground does have something to do with it

I agree with you but I dont think its a big factor in the c2002 game. The pitch really affect the bounce in the game where less bounce reduce ur runrate.

Thats what I have noticed when I play c2002... but i could be wrong :wall:

S

sonic

Rangeela is very right, the pitch is the biggest factor. Fast pitches are much easier to get your shots up and over the top and hammer those short balls for six...but on a pitch which is damp or wet, a short ball can be very misgiving as the ball will always pitch very low. I have many times been caught out by fast bowlers on damp or wet pitches who play a short ball which i attempt to swing at, only to find either the ball rattle my pads for LBW or be caught out.

Thanks
sonic

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

Originally posted by sonic@May 4 2003, 06:24 PM
Rangeela is very right, the pitch is the biggest factor. Fast pitches are much easier to get your shots up and over the top and hammer those short balls for six...but on a pitch which is damp or wet, a short ball can be very misgiving as the ball will always pitch very low. I have many times been caught out by fast bowlers on damp or wet pitches who play a short ball which i attempt to swing at, only to find either the ball rattle my pads for LBW or be caught out.

Thanks
sonic
Yeah.If it's something like a dusty pitch then remember to bat.If it's wet,then no second thoughts about bowling.Maybe you should just play exhibition matches on that ground time and time and see if you improve. :huh: I wouldn't expect it to be a mental thing either.Maybe just practice practice practice!!!

Regards
Auwais

R

Rangeela

I agree Auwais..its practice, practice , and lots of practice...trust me

S

sonic

Actually, I think it can be a mental thing, cos you still have to decide when you take a shot, whether you are going to give the ball the "shoaib" treatment with the power or walk button, or just play a neat cover drive. you always have to be 100% clear with your shot selection, if you're not certain then thats where you get beaten. If you're not sure on a shot, the best thing to do is stick your bat in the way and defend, cos half-heartedly clubbing a shot straight back to the bowler is very embarrassing, i know cos ive done loads against Brett Lee :fyou: :lol:

thanks
sonic

:dave:

R

Rangeela

but when you have enough practice you will know the routine of the bowler and even if you are facing lee or shoaib you will hardly play defensive shot and will know what shots to play and eventually you will be timing well.

Now I hardly play defensive shots even on yokers if I am confident i smash it staright down or most of the time i just play sweep

K

killa_stiky2002

Know your limits. Play within yourself yo
Don't go for anything too fancy. But still...don't be underconfident

Users who are viewing this thread