Fri 3 India-A vs West Indians – Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai

Sun 5 India-A vs West Indians – Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai

Wed 8 1st One-day International – Nehru Stadium, Kochi

Sat 11 2nd One-day International – Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium, Delhi

Tue 14 3rd One-day International – Reddy Stadium, Visakhapatnam - Cancelled

Fri 17 4th One-day International – HPCA Stadium, Dharmasala

Mon 20 5th One-day International – Eden Gardens, Kolkata - Cancelled

Wed 22 Only Twenty20 International – Barabati Stadium, Cuttack - Cancelled

Sat 25 - Mon 27 BCCI President’s XI vs West Indians – Green Park, Kanpur - Cancelled

Thu 30- November Mon 3 - 1st Test – Rajiv Gandhi Stadium, Hyderabad - Cancelled

Fri 7 - Tue 11 - 2nd Test – Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore - Cancelled

Sat 15 - Wed 19 - 3rd Test – Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad - Cancelled

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
West Indies in India 2014-15 : Marlon Samuels, Jerome Taylor back in one-day squad | Cricket News | India v West Indies | ESPN Cricinfo

Perfect WI squad here, Gayle would replace Johnson when fit.

I could very well & have egg on my face if Windies once again don't play to obvious potential of this squad, but i sense WI can win both the ODI & tests on this tour. Just like when ENG came on won in India 2012, IND are very vulnerable & could be their for the taking.

Narine's role in this series (especially the tests) will be super significant.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i sense WI can win both the ODI & tests on this tour.
India in their own backyard will be tough. In the tests i'd expect India to pile on the runs and the West Indies to succumb to the Indian spinners. You're right about Narine, he will be key but I don't see them getting many results on this tour.

War

Chairman of Selectors
India in their own backyard will be tough. In the tests i'd expect India to pile on the runs and the West Indies to succumb to the Indian spinners. You're right about Narine, he will be key but I don't see them getting many results on this tour.

Yea that can definitely as said considering how volatile windies can be compared to their available talent. However as England showed when we won in 2012, the challenge of facing IND at home is not the same anymore. Their is no Sehwag in peak FTB form at the top. No big four middle-order batsman that will pile on those runs. Ashwin/Ojha are not as lethal as facing Kumble/Harbhajan at their peak.

Windies necessary don't have poor players of spin. They have the world's best spinner & fast-bowlers who can reverse-swing the ball.

And since that embarrassing tendulkar farewell series, IND have been generally outplayed by all stable nations (except the ENG ODI team) this year. Vulnerable.

If i pull back my predictions slightly, the ODIs i'd certainly back windies to win. The test, a drawn series at best.

Haynes123

Club Captain
I agree with you War, I sense something especially in the tests, I don't believe it will be a walkover, and benn is in good form, and if narine is picked and decides to play they can test the indian batsmen, with roach also in good form, the problem might be the batting, but I believe they are much better players of spin now, and the 2013 tour mustn't be a benchmark, as it was a tour in haste, and the team was totally in disarray, now there is a new captain, new bowling coach, new head of selectors, new players, so lets hope and believe, as this is surely the poorest indian test team for a long time.

Haynes123

Club Captain
West Indies in India 2014-15 : Marlon Samuels, Jerome Taylor back in one-day squad | Cricket News | India v West Indies | ESPN Cricinfo

Perfect WI squad here, Gayle would replace Johnson when fit.

I could very well & have egg on my face if Windies once again don't play to obvious potential of this squad, but i sense WI can win both the ODI & tests on this tour. Just like when ENG came on won in India 2012, IND are very vulnerable & could be their for the taking.

Narine's role in this series (especially the tests) will be super significant.

I agree with you, only would have liked to see one more spin bowler, now it is up to these big name players to perform, as they play in these conditions on a regular basis, thus it is almost home conditions for pollard, bravo snr, narine, russell

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A fairly decent India A Squad announced for the warm-ups. Link

Squad: Manoj Tiwary (capt), Unmukt Chand, M Vijay, Karun Nair, Kedar Jadhav, Sanju Samson, Stuart Binny, Parvez Rasool, Amit Mishra, Jasprit Bumrah, Dhawal Kulkarni, Rahul Shukla, Karn Sharma, Gurkeerat Singh

Hope to see Samson, Mishra, Karn Sharma in the both the games.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Pretty surprised that some people feel WI can win a series here (either ODI or tests). We did see how India smashed a team like Australia 4-0 in a home series. Dhoni's captaincy assumes different levels when he has familiar home conditions and the potent option of Ashwin and Jadeja (in spin friendly home conditions) in his pocket. Also not to forget, Dhoni's batting becomes even more powerful at home (he already has had a decent tour with the bat in England). I would be very surprised if WI even win a test match, let alone a series. And I am not being overtly optimistic about India or overtly pessimistic for WI. Its the truth. India is a very strong side at home. In fact, we are almost getting back to those days where India were "tigers at home, kittens abroad".

The issue I have is, this series is a waste of time since its precedes the Australia tour and the World Cup. I would rather have our players taking ample rest and prepare themselves for a tough tour Down Under (which eventually culminates into the World Cup). Maybe the ODI's could be kept (for WC preparation), but the tests are just not needed.

Haynes123

Club Captain
As a true west indian fan who saw some of the greatest players live in action you are always optimistic and hoping, but in all honesty neither india's batting nor bowling put the fear of god in you. If you remember very well last year the west indian a team toured india and did very well against big names, so nothing is impossible.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Cricinfo said:
Shastri wants to join team early
  • After the extension to his term as team director, Shastri will no longer be able to perform any role as a media expert. He will neither commentate nor write syndicated columns for newspapers after the conclusion of the Champions League Twenty20 till the end of the World Cup. While the BCCI had no problems in Shastri continuing his media obligations during the West Indies series and joining the team support staff in Australia, Shastri is believed to have told the BCCI hierarchy that he would prefer to join the team straightaway to suit both himself and the team. According to a BCCI insider, Shastri felt he wouldn't be able express his opinions on air about players he would be joining and if he does, it may not send the right signals to the players before he joins them in the dressing room.

Excellent decision by Ravi Shastri to reject the BCCI's proposal of joining the team after the WI series because he wants to suit himself with the team early and also doesn't want to express opinions about the team that he is about to join.

With these appointments of Shastri, Bangar, Sridhar and Arun, Fletcher is basically a dummy who just has to live out his contract and leave. And we don't need to worry about Fletcher's negative impact because Shastri should cancel it out with his positive impact.

PokerAce

Banned
As a true west indian fan who saw some of the greatest players live in action you are always optimistic and hoping, but in all honesty neither india's batting nor bowling put the fear of god in you. If you remember very well last year the west indian a team toured india and did very well against big names, so nothing is impossible.

We all agree that cricket is not played on paper and on the field the team that plays better wins. We would all love a good closely contested series and if at the end of it, WI emerge victorious, congratulations to them, well played.

However I definitely disagree with the sentiment that going into the series WI go in as favs, or as the more likely winners. As things stand I would put India firmly in the driving seat for both tests and one days. I am not saying WI cannot win, of course they can, but do they start favs - no.

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
Pretty surprised that some people feel WI can win a series here (either ODI or tests). We did see how India smashed a team like Australia 4-0 in a home series. Dhoni's captaincy assumes different levels when he has familiar home conditions and the potent option of Ashwin and Jadeja (in spin friendly home conditions) in his pocket. Also not to forget, Dhoni's batting becomes even more powerful at home (he already has had a decent tour with the bat in England). I would be very surprised if WI even win a test match, let alone a series. And I am not being overtly optimistic about India or overtly pessimistic for WI. Its the truth. India is a very strong side at home. In fact, we are almost getting back to those days where India were "tigers at home, kittens abroad".

The issue I have is, this series is a waste of time since its precedes the Australia tour and the World Cup. I would rather have our players taking ample rest and prepare themselves for a tough tour Down Under (which eventually culminates into the World Cup). Maybe the ODI's could be kept (for WC preparation), but the tests are just not needed.

Reading what i said, i did throw in the major caveat that i could have egg of my face despite WI obvious talent, they are the worse team to back conclusively because they can self destruct (especially as a batting group).

But what is a obvious fact is that since IND beat a terribly selected WI team in the concocted Tendy farewell series, IND have played poor cricket vs SA, NZ, ENG in 2014, despite it being overseas.

IND since ENG won their in 2012, have not faced a strong opposition at home & that series exposed the factor that many felt before that series that IND potentially don't even have the luxury of being confident of winning at home if a solid team arrives in tests especially. That AUS 4-0 win was vs a AUS team in total turmoil (homework gate etc), so that is a distorted example. I'd firmly back the new AUS that won the ashes & beat S Africa to be the first AUS team to win in IND since 2004.

What were the faults the ENG series exposed?

- Ashwin/Ojha/Jadeja have a long way to to be the same force at home like Kumble/Harbhajan were

It is noticeable, that since the 2012 series how few tests Ashwin has played, especially overseas. Whether its IND selectors stupidity as suspect or what, he clearly stopped being the clear # IND test spinner after that, although that might have changed during the back end of the recent ENG tour again.

- IND batting right now is vulnerable, especially the two new stars Pujara/Kohili after their poor tour to ENG. IND middle-order/top order doesn't carry the same fear factor like when Tendy & co was around. So their is no better time for the WI bowlers to bowl @ Pujara/Kohli.

Basically i see the same holes in IND that thought ENG could exploit in 2012 & they eventually did, that i believe WI playing to full potential can repeat.

I'm glad you mentioned the tour is a waste of time though from a IND perspective & its another example of your the BCCI flogging your team under the FTP/ICC revamp crap, just as much as their influence is messing up world cricket

WICB is possibly the BCCI favourite board, given the impact WI players has had in IPL. How else do you explain WI being chosen as Tendy's farewell series opponent or the fact that WICB president was elected on the ICC revamp 5-man committee?

This tour is simply a way to help WICB get money as thank you for that. But as you say it totally not needed for IND coming off the ENG tour & preparation for AUS tour/W-Cup, IND team should certainly be resting now for sure.

That potential burnout issue is another reason why i think IND are vulnerable to a WI upset.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread