West Indies in India Nov 2011/12

Was it a good move to recall Irfan in the Indian squad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
West Indies is all set to tour India for 3 test and 5 ODI's. I dont see the point of this series tbh. Although West Indies would like this but before Australia tour I dont see the 5 ODI's taking place.

BCCI have not confirmed the ODI's but have released the Test Dates.

Sun Nov 6 - Thu Nov 10
09:30 IST 1st Test - India v West Indies
Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi

Mon Nov 14 - Fri Nov 18
09:30 IST 2nd Test - India v West Indies
Eden Gardens, Kolkata

Tue Nov 22 - Sat Nov 26
09:30 IST 3rd Test - India v West Indies
Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai

29 Nov - 1st ODI: Cuttack (D/N)

2 Dec - 2nd ODI: Vishakhapatnam (D/N)

5 Dec - 3rd ODI: Ahmedabad (D/N)

8 Dec - 4th ODI: Indore (D/N)

11 Dec - 5th ODI: Chennai (D/N).

With India playing the first warmup against Australian team on 15th December I dont see 5 ODI's taking place and if does, India will field a B team. :)

Good luck. Sehwag is expecting to comeback with this series. Zak will not be returning soon so only he will be unfit. I dont think India will risk Ishant for this series seeing he has a knee operation due after Australia series :)

Expected Squad

Virender Sehwag,Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman,Ajinkya Rahane,Parthiv Patel,R Ashwin,Amit Mishra, few fast bowlers I am not sure :p

Last edited:

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My West Indies I want tour India :) . Ofcourse dealing with the WICB - WIPA problem so no Gayle, Sarwan or Taylor.

Dyam i really dont know who to pick haha.

I got 19 members
1. A Barath (Opening Bats)
2. L Simmons (Opening Bats)
3. K Brathwaite (Opening bats)
4. Daren Bravo (Top Order)
4. K Edwards (Top Order
5. S Chanderpaul (Top/Middle)
6. D Ramdin (Wkt/Batsman)
7. C Baugh (Wkt/Batsman)
8. Dywane BRavo (ALL Rounder)
10. M Samuels (Allrounder )
11. K Pollard (Allrounder)
12. A Russel (Allrounder)
13. C Brathwaitee (Allrounder)
14. D Sammy (Bowler)
15. D Bishoo (Bowler)
16. R Rampal (Bowler)
17. K Roach (Bowler)
18. F Edwards (Bowler)
19. G Mathurin (Bowler)

But if the WICB an WIPA sort out there problem.

Gayle and Taylor would play for me.
still would keep Sarwan out of my test side.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
MSD should be rested for this entire series!!!! Give Gambhir the captaincy for the entire series. It will be a good way to test his test match captaincy skills. I think Harbhajan will return for the test series here against WI because we need him for Australia (he switches gears playing the Aussies) and he needs to play some games before

ODI's shouldn't happen. Our team should arrive in Australia 10 days ahead of the warm-up game and practice in Australian conditions as much as they can.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Surely Shillingford or the discarded Benn should be ahead of him ATM.

Dyam i Knew i was forgetting some spinners, yeah Both of them should be in my side. No doubt. I would Love to see Ben playing for West Indies again, unfortunely he have an Attitude problem, this time it's NOT against WICB, but his personally attitude. Wish he can sort his way and make it back in the team

for Sarwan i personally like him, but i Want the younger players to step up now. if we bring him back along with having Chanderpaul and Gayle (will return to West Indies Soon, all he have to tell the Coach sorry.) then we would be back to Square one in west Indies Cricket.
Beside Sammy in this Team, West Indies have a Very Strong all round team.
that new Spinner, i would still give him another try, this time in the higher formats.
I would have Sarwan in my OD replacing Chanderpaul.
The Main focus is getting these youngters going, with having 2- 3 Old experience (Batting) players with them.

Last edited:

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
MSD should be rested for this entire series!!!! Give Gambhir the captaincy for the entire series. It will be a good way to test his test match captaincy skills. I think Harbhajan will return for the test series here against WI because we need him for Australia (he switches gears playing the Aussies) and he needs to play some games before

ODI's shouldn't happen. Our team should arrive in Australia 10 days ahead of the warm-up game and practice in Australian conditions as much as they can.

Just saw ad on Neo Cricket. There are 5 ODI's to be played but I dont think regular players will play which means youngsters getting more opportunities.
Also saw ad saying India VS Pakistan :eek: 3 Test and 5 ODI's :p

aayush93

Club Cricketer
Just saw ad on Neo Cricket. There are 5 ODI's to be played but I dont think regular players will play which means youngsters getting more opportunities.
Also saw ad saying India VS Pakistan :eek: 3 Test and 5 ODI's :p

well ODI series will be good to give youngsters more chance and have large pool of players for ODI series in australia..

Pujara, sehwag and yuvraj should play in test series against WI.

There is also Asia Cup Just after Tri Series in Australia.

Last edited:

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
ODI Schedule out!! :(

29 Nov - 1st ODI: Cuttack (D/N)
2 Dec - 2nd ODI: Vishakhapatnam (D/N)
5 Dec - 3rd ODI: Ahmedabad (D/N)
8 Dec - 4th ODI: Indore (D/N)
11 Dec - 5th ODI: Chennai (D/N).

5 Days later we play first warm up and this is ????!!

Although players like Dravid,Laxman,Tendulkar wont take part in this series. I dont see Dhoni too playing. Virender Sehwag,Gauti should also not take part and move to Australia.

Bowlers I am not sure. Umesh Yadav should be picked for West Indies test and tested for his stamina :)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I'd like to see some young bowlers being blooded in too. Yadav, Aaron, Aravind, Mithun. Give Vinay Kumar a few more games maybe, get Ojha back in the picture. Then there are Ashwin, Jadeja. Not so sure on Rahul Sharma tho.

Then the batsmen...Rahane, Patel, Tiwary, Kohli, Raina. Those 5 are a certain.

Maybe give Rohit Sharma another go. Or recall S.Tiwary, or hand Pandey a debut. Mukund, Menaria, Uthappa, Dhawan all kicking about too.

I also think that this would be a nice time to get someone like Irfan, Yusuf, Karthik or Vijay back in the picture.

Other names knocking about for a chance - Iqbal Abdullah, Pradeep Sangwan.

I'd probably go for a squad like this:

Raina (c)
Kohli (vc)
Patel (wk)
Rahane
M.Tiwary
Jadeja
Mithun
Yadav
V.Kumar
Ojha
Ashwin
Uthappa
Irfan Pathan
Pandey
V.Aaron

6 bowlers, 2 allrounders, 7 batsmen, 2 of whom can keep. Bit bowling heavy, but don't want to be overworking any of the bowlers, and this is a good opportunity to test everyone out.

MSD, Gambhir, Sachin, Yuvraj, Praveen all return for the main squad later on. Sehwag, Zak and Bhajji subject to form/fitness.

----------

Oh, should throw Chawla's name into the mix too given how well he did in the Challenger Trophy.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Raina (c)

6 bowlers, 2 allrounders, 7 batsmen, 2 of whom can keep. Bit bowling heavy, but don't want to be overworking any of the bowlers, and this is a good opportunity to test everyone out.

MSD, Gambhir, Sachin, Yuvraj, Praveen all return for the main squad later on. Sehwag, Zak and Bhajji subject to form/fitness.

----------

Oh, should throw Chawla's name into the mix too given how well he did in the Challenger Trophy.

I would say play Sehwag and Yuvraj and give Raina a break. That guy has been playing for a while now.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
if Sehwag is fit, then he could be played over Raina I guess.

Yuvraj maybe for the ODI leg only.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
MSD shouldn't play the entire series ideally (or at least the test leg). Sehwag should ideally start playing the tests to see if he can hold up good enough for Australia. Its been a long time since we saw Sehwag in action. Sachin won't anyway play the ODI's, so he will be fresh enough for Australia. Just hope no one injures themselves during this series and sits back home when we tour Australia.

Interesting to see what the selectors do with Ishant. He has surgery issues and he wants to play inspite of it in Australia. Will the selectors take the risk? Better drop him and ask him to get surgery done, and pick someone like Irfan or Yadav or Aaron.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Tendulkar, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Dhoni,Raina and Zak are likely to be rested here. Team to be captained by Gambhir and will be deputed by either Harbhajan/Laxman for Tests and Kohli for the ODIs.
As for the bowlers, I say move over Ishant now, we also have new fast bowlers in the ranks who are raring to go and prove themselves. One young lad whom I would like to see is Jaidev Unadkat as the lad has some genuine pace and is a left-hander too. Get in Nehra if Unadkat is not picked though.

aayush93

Club Cricketer
MSD shouldn't play the entire series ideally (or at least the test leg). Sehwag should ideally start playing the tests to see if he can hold up good enough for Australia. Its been a long time since we saw Sehwag in action. Sachin won't anyway play the ODI's, so he will be fresh enough for Australia. Just hope no one injures themselves during this series and sits back home when we tour Australia.

Interesting to see what the selectors do with Ishant. He has surgery issues and he wants to play inspite of it in Australia. Will the selectors take the risk? Better drop him and ask him to get surgery done, and pick someone like Irfan or Yadav or Aaron.

sehwag and ishant both have started playing domestic t20 tournament (syed trophy.. so we can expect them to be back in West Indies series.

I think captaincy of ODI series against WI should be given to Raina as he will not be playing test matches against AUS.

Give Gambhir, Dhoni, Praveen rest for ODI's as they will be playing Test matches in Australia.

Last edited:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
One young lad whom I would like to see is Jaidev Unadkat as the lad has some genuine pace and is a left-hander too. Get in Nehra if Unadkat is not picked though.

No he doesn't; he barely gets it to the 130s. He relies on swing and variations. He's too young and to frail.

Users who are viewing this thread