West Indies tour of Bangladesh, 2020-21

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Teams are already struggling to maintain the current over rates as it is, might need to clone Jadeja and send a version of him to every side to make this a reality.

Not to drag up a "relatively" old thread, but remember, whenever play begins you've got two hours to lunch, then 40 minutes for lunch...two hours to tea, 20 minutes for tea, and two hours in the final session. Six hours total. The ICC a long time ago has imposed the minimum 15 overs per hour, giving 90 overs per day. This is why we often see lengthy evening sessions to make that minimum. There is no maximum. A team can easily bowl 100, 110 overs within the time constraints and be totally fair by doing so.

What the actual start and end times are depend on the home board, I remember that our matches in the Caribbean all started at 10.05am instead of 10am back in the day because generally, every radio station would give the hourly news report for those 5 minutes. It's since gone to a more easily-calculated 10am because our news reports generally come at other times on the radio and there's also TV coverage of some matches.

So, as an example in the WI now, it's: 10am-12MD, 12.40pm-2.40pm, 3pm-5pm scheduled. 90 overs minimum. No maximum.

(EDIT: I also remember sitting an exam in England during the summer, the exam was scheduled for something like 9am, I set about three alarms and woke at 5am to find bright daylight around me in my hotel room. Cue very many naughty words from me. Then the first alarm rang (I had awakened before the alarms even)...and I was like...oh...that's...the...time...I ended up calling the front desk to confirm the time was what it was. What does it have to do with what I said before? Cuz you guys starts matches all 11, 11.30am and still manage to have light all those hours later...)

You English people, what with your long daylight in the summer...there was something with this person about missing out on Glastonbury or something due to exams.)

(DOUBLE EDIT: I was in Canterbury at the time.)

I don't particularly like double posts...so TRIPLE EDIT: Joshy da Silva has turned into a vocal keeper. Good on him, because if I know my high school well, we used to jeer the keepers every moment we go [never seen him in at school level, he actually started secondary school after I'd left]. Yeah, I is old. But good on you, young guy. And GO CIC!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread