West Indies Tour of England - July 2020

Has Stokes been on the receiving end of criticism? :eek:

Haven't been able to follow the game today, has Blackwood played an actually mature innings or has it been his usual YOLO performance with some shoddy English work helping?

Blackwood has won the game today. Really good innings

Has Stokes been on the receiving end of criticism? :eek:

Haven't been able to follow the game today, has Blackwood played an actually mature innings or has it been his usual YOLO performance with some shoddy English work helping?
Was referring to Archer

Goodness me, that was a good test. Excellent stuff from the West Indies side to play so well despite the unusual circumstances.

Was referring to Archer

It is a bit odd that in a match where the anti-racist messages were strong prior to the start, he has come under fire with stereotypical comments of 'lazy' while his fellow fast bowler was completely ineffectual and deserved more criticism for barely adapting to the conditions.

Barring Hope everyone from the West Indian XI contributed to the game and ultimately this is where I feel England could improve. It is very unlikely that they will bring in a debutant for the next game which means Root should be back in for Denly as Crawley might have sealed himself a spot at three. On the other hand, given the nature of the Old Trafford pitch it won't be a straightforward decision as to who should be dropped for Broad. It wouldn't ultimately surprise me if there were a bit of clouds over there in Manchester on the first day and Bess gets dropped with Root and Denly contributing for the spin role.

All things considered a very enjoyable match. Credit to both sides, particularly West Indies for coming to a hotspot of covid-19.

They look very well-matched sides. Although on paper I'd say England have a greater potential the West Indies seems to be getting more from their team. Perhaps the experience of Holder, Roach and Gabriel give their bowling line up a bit of edge in that department overall.

HYtgE_53

Users who are viewing this thread