West Indies Tri-Series - 2016

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
View attachment 170203

ya he did well in that 91 with samuels, but plodded the next one ..... he hasnt really clicked much in the last couple years

Bravo has been the young talent for sometime but he plays slower than cook and i cant see that helping WI in oDi's for tests sure, but in odi's it impacts the flow of the game, he might very well waste the incisive part of the bowling rather than first change ones!

He was still the 8th highest run scorer in the series, you don't drop someone who is in form. Bravo often came in after Fletcher or Charles threw their wicket away cheaply, the pitches weren't exactly batting friendly. The more he bats the better he'll become at rotating the strike.

grkrama

National Board President
averaging 28 in a series with a plodding strike rate isnt form, 8th highest run scorer in a series when did that become a thing!

Which is why bravo as opener isnt a bad choice given he needs deliveries to settle, the prob is not bravo but fletcher! Im not saying bravo should absolutely bat as opener given that WI dont seen to have a good opener but have some middle order bats, bravo can afford to move up in ODI!

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
averaging 28 in a series with a plodding strike rate isnt form, 8th highest run scorer in a series when did that become a thing!

Which is why bravo as opener isnt a bad choice given he needs deliveries to settle, the prob is not bravo but fletcher! Im not saying bravo should absolutely bat as opener given that WI dont seen to have a good opener but have some middle order bats, bravo can afford to move up in ODI!

He's still the 3rd/4th highest run scorer for the West Indies in the series no matter what his average is. There's no point dropping him when there are others doing worse then him, that's called 'scapegoating'. Also I can't think of too many middel order batsmen in the WI team that are 'good'. If Bravo wants to bat 3, let him bat 3. Of course letting him try out opening could never be a bad thing, aslong as he wants to do it.

grkrama

National Board President
He's still the 3rd/4th highest run scorer for the West Indies in the series no matter what his average is. There's no point dropping him when there are others doing worse then him, that's called 'scapegoating'. Also I can't think of too many middel order batsmen in the WI team that are 'good'. If Bravo wants to bat 3, let him bat 3. Of course letting him try out opening could never be a bad thing, aslong as he wants to do it.

yes its a choice to be considered thats what im saying, i wouldnt suggest forcing bravo it will only be detrimental, no its not scapegoating as WI did do well in the series, i guess we will have to differ on ramdin.. he has been out of sorts for sometime and im sure you can find someone more young and worthy to invest into for WI team!

Users who are viewing this thread