West Indies v England back on?

S

sonic

[Moderator Edit: :caution: :sangam: Topic View/Stolen by NZ Warriors a.k.a. Sports Pavilion]

There are strong rumours suggesting that the test series between West Indies and England will resume shortly. The 2nd test came to a halt due to political issues gathering in the caribbean which resulted in disturbances on the terraces of the port-of-spain venue.

The ICC have announced that both tests will now become void and the series will have to begin from scratch. ECB chairman David Morgan said in the press release, "Whilst the ICC understood our concerns, they were very forthright in their opinion of security measures taken by us on allowing certain groups of supporters to travel to the West Indies. We do not condone fans behaving in this manner and have taken action to ensure those events do not occur again. Both the ECB and the WICB have agreed to restart the series which will start in Barbados before moving on to Trinidad and then two tests to be held at Lords and The Oval. There is no scheduled date as of yet but we are hopeful that the West Indies will have their problems resolved by the end of the month".

The series will be reduced from 80 overs per day to 50 overs per day in order to bring down the unrealistically high scores which were achieved by both sides previously due to super fast scoring rates, so action has been taken in order to make things more "real".

thanks
sonic

K

killa_stiky2002

nice report...lol
but I can't give you a date yet... my c2002 is still ****ing around :down: :sadam:

S

sonic

Rangeela, I had a further brain wave, we should just reduce the days play from 5 to 3, its a much better idea I think :up: should make games more interesting

thanks
sonic :ice:

R

radaga

Originally posted by sonic@May 11 2003, 09:44 PM

The series will be reduced from 80 overs per day to 50 overs per day in order to bring down the unrealistically high scores which were achieved by both sides previously due to super fast scoring rates, so action has been taken in order to make things more "real".

thanks
sonic
How do oyu reduce the overs? :huh:
oh and nice report! :up:

C

crout

it sounds like real cricket, almost.

how do you play each other over the net? you could cheat? i would :lol:

S

sonic

the word "cheating" is filth on these forums, the only cheaters are those "lovely" folk at nz warriors who continually copy topics posted at our forums, so if you want a bunch of genuine guys crout, you've come to the right place. NEVER go to nz warriors, they are a bunch of plaigerists :lol:

Radaga, what me and Lisle (killa_stiky2002) intend to do is to stop the whole game after 250 overs is reached. We shall be enforcing a days play as 50 overs simply to bring down these high scores we were getting before, i mean, 800 runs in a day was a bit silly, so reducing the overs is the best option. The other idea we had was to have the normal 80 overs in a day but stop the game after 3 days, which probably sounds a bit more sensible, but Lisle wanted 5 days of cricket, so we are going to have less overs instead and the game will end at the 250 mark.

thanks
sonic

:peek:

S

sonic

Originally posted by crout@May 13 2003, 02:05 AM
how do you play each other over the net? you could cheat? i would :lol:
Its actually quite hard to cheat cos we use this little program invented for cricket 2002 called "gamtweak". Basically once you complete your innings you swap the human teams over using gamtweak so that your opponet can continue the game where you left off. You then send the saved game file to your opponent, but can't really cheat cos if that human player starts the game using hard level then both teams are forced to play using it. You can do other things with gamtweak too such as changing pitch conditions and weather conditions mid-match in order to increas the realism. You can even select to play as both teams if you really wanted to so that you bat both innings.

Anyone who hasn't got Gamtweak should download it here.

thanks
sonic

Users who are viewing this thread