what about nVidia Geforce2 integrated GPU

U

UnderTaker

does anyone know about nVidia Geforce2 integrated GPU.. i got it along with the new acer motherboard in our office.. means it is built in...has 32mb ram... is openGL and glide supported by it...? the proccessor is AMD Athlon XP 2GHz with 128 MHz SDRAM

i am planning ot buy an Athlon and will have the same motherboard.. is this onboard built in grfx card good or do i need to go for a better one?

i tried to check the gfx card by playing fifa2002.. but the grafx was wierd..

some one who is good in this... plz help... :(

Hi undertaker,
32mb Nvidia is good...but to play new age games....u need atleaast a 64mb one...get a geforce 4 mx 64 mb which costs around 3000 or Ati 128mb Radeon which costs around 4500

and be sure to get atleast 512 MB Ram
128 will screw up everything

I considered this issue before recently buying my computer. I posted on several hardware forums similar questions. The unanimous answer was NO> dont go with inegrated anything. Here are the reasons.

1. Performance is poor.
2. Gaming industry is catching up with new standards very fast. If you consider average life of your computer 4 years. You will not be able to play games in 2 years.
3. If something goes bad, you have to replace everything. You pay less to start with but you may end up paying lot more on the end.
4. Seperate graphic cards give much better performance and dont use the shared memory. On the contrary to what the company proposes many people experience conflict in processing. It is worse when you want to transfer your digital media and work at same time say on word application.

Ofcourse, I have opted for seperate video card.

Originally posted by sangamm@Jun 18 2003, 12:00 AM
Hi undertaker,
32mb Nvidia is good...but to play new age games....u need atleaast a 64mb one...get a geforce 4 mx 64 mb which costs around 3000 or Ati 128mb Radeon which costs around 4500

and be sure to get atleast 512 MB Ram
128 will screw up everything
Sangam do you mean ?30 and ?45? Because those prices are really high :o (meaning the 3000 and 4500)

Users who are viewing this thread