What markup is supported in these forums?

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Is it documented anywhere what set of BB Code instructions (or anything else, e.g. HTML) is supported by the PlanetCricket forums?

After some searching, I read somewhere that the forums are based on XenForo, but that didn't seem to get me any closer to understanding what markup can and can't be used.

As an example, I'd like to put a table in a thread. However, this only seems to be partly supported. I get something that sort of has some table structure, but not exactly what I expect:

NameAge
John65
Gitte40
Sussie19

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is it documented anywhere what set of BB Code instructions (or anything else, e.g. HTML) is supported by the PlanetCricket forums?

After some searching, I read somewhere that the forums are based on XenForo, but that didn't seem to get me any closer to understanding what markup can and can't be used.

As an example, I'd like to put a table in a thread. However, this only seems to be partly supported. I get something that sort of has some table structure, but not exactly what I expect:

NameAge
John65
Gitte40
Sussie19

For tables on the forum we have [table] tag. But there's nothing like th or tr on the forum like the traditional HTML.

For giving a header we use [table=head] and rows are bifurcated by new lines where columns by "|" pipe symbols.

For what you've put up this should be the code:
Code:
[table=head]Name|Age
John|65
Gitte|40
Sussie|19
[/table]

This will yield:
Name|Age
John|65
Gitte|40
Sussie|19

Hope you've understood the concept, feel free to ask further questions.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@AliB Thanks very much. So is this special syntax designed by/for PlanetCricket? Or is this part of a more general markup system that is publicly documented? I'm interested to know if there are more features available that I can use to improve the appearance of my posts.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@AliB Thanks very much. So is this special syntax designed by/for PlanetCricket? Or is this part of a more general markup system that is publicly documented? I'm interested to know if there are more features available that I can use to improve the appearance of my posts.
I suppose, it's only used here, never seen this somewhere else and definitely not a general markup.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
You can view a partial list of supported codes here: https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/help/bb-codes

There are a few custom ones not listed there, most of which have built up over the years - the particular table code dates back to when this was a vBulletin forum and the particular addon we installed then.

Users who are viewing this thread