When is the right time to play a shot???

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wanted to find out when is the right time to play a shot for timing it perfectly on PS2. E.g. for leg glance (right key and 'X') as soon as the ball hits the pitch. Can anyone post the timings required for all the shots or redirect me to a similar thread if it exists?

Also is there one standard direction for hitting a particular shot? For example for hitting a cover drive do you always press down & left or you can vary the direction a bit by using the analog controller on PS2 DualShock2 pad? On Brian Lara 2005 you can find the gap by varying the direction a bit as you can use the analog controller to point in any direction on the offside for playing a cover drive and the ball will go in the selected direction rather than the standard direction and thus you can evade the fielders and find gaps. Do we have anything similar on Cricket 2005 or is the placement only based on the timing and placement of batsman when playing a shot?

Last edited:
Go to the practice nets so that you can learn to time the shots correctly. Also try searching the forums as i seem to remember seeing a similar thread from not long ago.

wasn't able to find anything on the topic and wud really appreciate if someone can post something about how to time various shots. Also, what about the 2nd part of the query? Is there only a single standard direction for any given shot?

Yep... this game isn't a high priority on EA's list so there are only set shots. My advice to timing the shots is to play the shotin mid air moments after the bowler has released the ball. Might i suggest getting a patch, tutisi's 3.1 is very good and is my preference, however Boss's is also highly rated. Check the C2005 download threads.

can't apply the patches I m afraid as I play on PS2 :(

Well I've to say that so far Brian Lara 2K5 is definitely beating Crkt 2K5 hands down as far as I'm concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread