Which is better AI Patch?CGPV5 or TUTSIE'S V.8?

Murugesan

Banned
It is quite some time that the latest versions of Boss's and Tutsie's AI Patches were released. Not much reviews are available about their comparative performances. I have tried both at various levels of difficulties.
Boss's version, the CPU is too aggressive for my liking, though it is supposed to be solved in his 50 over ODI Fix.
My problem is with both the vesions, it is difficult to bowl out CPU, ie, bowling seems difficult. Mostly I autoplay batting, since I am novice!
Can anyone come up with his experience over these two patches and suggest which is the best?
(Is the subject already outdated after release of Cricket 2005?)

I liek Bosses patch. It takes a bit of work to get good, but it is still a lot of fun. Changed camera and bowler angles also makes it more enjoyable.

As for CPU aggressiveness, I have tweaked it a little bit more to my liking. I could post it for you if you want.

By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ZORAXDOOM, thanks for offering help which is very welcome.
I am test running the two patches to check results-in normal mode(i am comfortable in this mode)-10 overs matches using the two patches separately and using same team, pitch, bowlers etc.Will switch to 20,50 overs also to analyse.I will post the scores soon.

ZoraxDoom said:
I liek Bosses patch. It takes a bit of work to get good, but it is still a lot of fun. Changed camera and bowler angles also makes it more enjoyable.

As for CPU aggressiveness, I have tweaked it a little bit more to my liking. I could post it for you if you want.
Can you please post the tweaked patch? Thanks in advance!

K, here it is, with less aggression(warning, if they are 5/0 off 5 overs, do NOT take things easy.)

Attachments

• ModifiedAI.zip
    16.7 KB · Views: 37
Thanks ZoraxDoom, I went back to the thread of Boss's cool game play patch and found your modified zip patch posted by you on 11 june, which was for 50 overs odi- but the present one posted by you here is for all overs, I will give it a try.
Thanks for responding quickly.

Here are the results so far.
Firstly, using Tutsie's version 8, I played a 10 over ODI Eng vs India(me). Normal mode and all conditions for both the matches remain same(Green pitch, warm, sunny weather, same ground).
England scored 119/1.Extras 4.
India were all out for 64 in 9 overs.
Secondly I used the Boss's patch. With all conditions remaining the same, except my bowling and batting skills, England made 94 for 3 and India made 82 all out.

Now I am playing 20 over match for comparision. With Tutsie's patch, England made 209 for no loss(extras 4) and India made 159 for 9. Changed to Boss's patch and England are 202 for 8 with 13 extras. I am already feeling good cos my bowling efforts produced better results. I am going to bat and find out how better or more difficult it will be! Soon I will test ZoraxDoom's tweaked version!

ZoraxDoom said:
K, here it is, with less aggression(warning, if they are 5/0 off 5 overs, do NOT take things easy.)

Is this tweaked for Test or ODI?

Right now I am enjoying Boss's CGPV5 with Sams EXE in normal mode. I play only 50 overs matches.On green pitches, the edges work for the lower order batsmen, I get them out(no 8,9,10 batsmen) through catches in the slips using pace bowlers. For the frontline batsmen, I mix pace, spin, medium pacers and varying line and length. It is really fun and realistic.
I go for Boss's patch-that is the best available!

Users who are viewing this thread