Which is your favourite all time team in cricket?

Which international team is your favourite?

• Total voters

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
A poll wont be able to capture the thoughts of members that easily.

To me, my all-time favorite was the South African team led by Hansie Cronje- they were the Champions of cricket, who unfortunately were unable to get their hands on the World Cup in 1996 & 1999.

This side had every thing- two great openers in Hudson & Kirsten, boosted by a strong middle order comprising of Cullinan, Cronje, Rhodes, a class=apart keeper in Richardson, 2 hard hitting all-rounders in Pollock & Klusener and Allan Donald to bring up the pace battery.

They were the then Kings of Cricket- really unfortunate to not to get close to that elusive trophy.

Parmesh killer

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I admire the team which was lead by Ricky Pointing. Shane Warne and McGrath are masters of bowling department. Punter himself is a batting legend. Gilcrist was an excellent aggressive wicket keeper.

Rohit45

Banned
I loved the Aussie team at the Gilly Punter Hayden and various awesome players.
They had a hat-trick of World Cup.1999-2003-2007
The line-up of Aussies I like the most
1.Adam Gilchrist
2.Matthew Hayden
3.Ricky Ponting
4.Michael Clarke
5.Mike Hussey
6.D.Martyn
7.Andrew Symonds
8.Shane Warne
9.Brett Lee
10.Jason Gillespie
11.Glenn McGrath
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Indian Team after 2007 World Cup when MSD took the charge of captaincy.
-ICC WT20 2007
-Beat England in England
-CB Series
-ICC CWC 2011
-Champions Trophy 2013
-ICC WT20 2014 Runner-up
Hats Off to MSD for his captaincy.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
My favorite team is the Australian cricket team of Ashes 06/07. I liked the passion and aggression they displayed on the field , along with the entertaining cricket they played. Other than that , I also liked the Australian cricket team of 1995 , the year in which they knocked the West Indians off their perch.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
I am not a hater of the Indian team , but calling the 2011 team legendary is just stupid :facepalm. Of this decade , only the South Africans of 2011-14 can even claim to be half way to becoming a legendary team. We saw that the current Indian team (i.e , of this decade) cannot buy a run on fast , seaming wickets except for the South African tour of 10/11. A legendary team is one that has won in all places , or atleast come close to winning in all places. IMHO , the best Indian teams were that of 2000-2005/6 and the that won the WC.

Last edited:

Parmesh killer

Club Captain
I am not a hater of the Indian team , but calling the 2011 team legendary is just stupid :facepalm. Of this decade , only the South Africans of 2011-14 can even claim to be half way to becoming a legendary team. We saw that the current Indian team (i.e , of this decade) cannot buy a run on fast , seaming wickets except for the South African tour of 10/11. A legendary team is one that has won in all places , or atleast come close to winning in all places. IMHO , the best Indian teams were that of 2000-2005/6 and the that won the WC.

I agree with @Davoo

ethybubs

International Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The late seventies-mid eighties west indies and the invincibles are the, objectively, greatest sides of all time.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
India's 2003 WC team will always be pretty special to me.

Sehwag
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Kaif
Dravid
Yuvraj
Mongia <--- Exception
Harbhajan
Zaheer
Nehra
Srinath

Probably our best bowling attack ever, even kept a guy like Kumble out of the XI.

Loved Ganguly's captaincy. I also loved the selflessness of Rahul Dravid in donning the WK gloves. Provided great balance to our team. Plus Tendulkar was an absolute BEAST. Amazing fielding of Kaif/Yuvraj too.

Users who are viewing this thread