Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Ricky Ponting

• Ramnaresh Sarwan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(if so please state)

• Total voters
I voted for Lara on his current form although I think Sachin Tendulkar is more consistent, technically very sound and would be the perfect role model for anyone.

Is this on current form or carrer?
If i went on form i would vote for Ricky Ponting but overall you cant beat Sachin.

Andy Flower!! That guy is a champion... looks like he retired from the poll as well though... Umm... i'm not going to say Tendulkar because he never stands up to the Aussies, and Indian pitches favour batting giving his stats a boost (not saying he isn't good though!). Lara is close, but no cigar on this occasion. 6 months ago i might have said Hayden, but his WC wasn't great, but if he gets back to how he was last year he'd definatly be #1... all depends on how he plays this summer. No way ul Haq... Vaughan had one great year, but that doesn't make him the best. Fleming, Kallis, Sarwan... improving but definately not the best. Gilchrist- same as Hayden, needs to get back the form he had last year. Ponting... definately maybe... Give him another year and he'll be killing everyone. Soo... my choice? bah... screw the system, i'm going a tie between Steve Waugh and Andy Flower.

You don't have to pick the selection,just type in your reply who you think is the best,you don't really need to pick the poll choices.

In my opinion Sachin Tendulkar is the best batsman.His footwork is good,his shot selection is good too.

lara ius the best!!! greaty to be back on the forums. my phone is still down.....so im dfroppin a word or 2! :P

SAEED ANWAR is the best . especially his 194 against india in india.

Rahul Dravid for sure, just have to look at the way he bats differently in different situations and the way he is able to change his game in an instant.......I'm mean in test he has been involved in 2 300+ patnerships and in One-day has the 2nd fastest 50 by an Indian in 22 balls!!!
Now a days Dravid has become a more valuable wicket, in both forms of the game, than Sachin.
Also another deciding factor is that his Test Avearge away from India is higher than his Avearge in India!!! Not many batsmen in the world have that

Last edited:
How can Jaques Kallis only have one vote? He might equal a feat only done by Bradman! A little credit where credit is due.

I voted for Kallis. His recent form has been unbeleivable. He is the most consistant batsman in the world today, no doubt about that. Others may be better technically or may have made bigger scores (I dont think he has a double hundred to his name in tests yet) but for sheer amount of runs he accumulates over time, he is the best.

yea i agree with u inside_edge, kallis is the best batsmen in my opnion. Watching him against the west indies was great, he should real stamina and great form, i would have liked to see him reach his 200 though. but still, he is very reliable, i was disapointed in his ODI form v new zealand though, but came back in the test.

Users who are viewing this thread