who is the best up and coming bowler for your nation

Give it a rest already... this is pathetic seriously irottev...

McCullum appealed for a leg side catch and the only noise heard was the ball hitting the gloves but we dont carry on about it

Give it a rest already... this is pathetic seriously irottev...

McCullum appealed for a leg side catch and the only noise heard was the ball hitting the gloves but we dont carry on about it
Atleast there was a sound.

Precambrian added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Sir Agarkar

Ajit Agarkar named his son Sir Agarkar? That's pathetic.

Ishant without a doubt. Then Dhawal Kulkarni. Then Pradeep Sangwan. Yeah yeah manee, it doesn't matter what you think :p. He is going to prove you wrong :p.

Hmmm.

Ishant Sharma ahead by a long way as the future spearhead of the attack pending he doesn't get seriously injured. From there on you have Dhawal and Balaji as superb prospects after taking wickets on often unresponsive pitches. Umesh Yadav might be one to look out for as he took a 5 wicket haul in the Duleep Trophy against an extremely strong batting line up (including Dravid and Laxman) and apparently clocked one delivery at 141kph which is promising.

For Australia, I'd go ahead and say that Siddle and Hilfenhaus are both superb talents. Hilfenhaus gets a very nice shape on his deliveries which could be quite useful in Test cricket and he has already shown some prowess in ODI cricket, although he is quite raw. He stated in November that he is open to a move to Gloucestershire in the 2009 English season and a strong performance there might just open the door for an Ashes debut for the Tasmanian quick. Siddle's praises have been spoken of many a time and I really feel that he is the best untapped talent in Test cricket today - the key is his very simple approach; not much can go wrong. He runs in, climbs into a basic action and delivers the ball at up to 150kph, not much to go wrong. It will be interesting to see how he fairs on flat tracks throughout his career though as he seems to rely on seam movement and bounce rather than swing or guile.

For England, I remain convinced that Graham Napier is a good bowling talent and I feel that his approach that relies on strength and a sound action rather than a quick run up may have him bowl at his sharp pace up till around 33, injuries pending. He has done very well in New Zealand for Wellington too, reaching high on top wicket takers list in OD and FC cricket this season. Kabir Ali is a great talent too, imo. Interesting to see who the ECB think are the future of England fast bowling.

In Pakistan, I feel that Sohail Khan has the potential to be a superb Test bowler, after taking a look at his FC record. Though it must be noted that Pakistan domestic pitches are very helpful to seam bowlers. Khan has a fair bit of pace about him and seems to swing the ball both conventionally and in reverse with his low slung action. Mohammad Talha has to be noted as a possible talent too, clocking at 146kph at the NCA in Pakistan and he is just 20 years old.

South Africa: Tsotsobe and Parnell, Imran Tahir (he's 29 but he's only been playing in SA for just over a year) and the CJ de Villiers, who's basically another Morne Morkel.

For England, I remain convinced that Graham Napier is a good bowling talent and I feel that his approach that relies on strength and a sound action rather than a quick run up may have him bowl at his sharp pace up till around 33, injuries pending. He has done very well in New Zealand for Wellington too, reaching high on top wicket takers list in OD and FC cricket this season. Kabir Ali is a great talent too, imo. Interesting to see who the ECB think are the future of England fast bowling.

Napier's not exactly up and coming is he, he's already 29, and Kabir Ali's 28. Not exactly what i'd consider up and coming. I'd imagine the ECB see the future bowling attack as:

Rashid
Broad
Bresnan

and then probably one of James Anderson, Sajid Mahmood (annoyingly and if Sky Sports hype works), Chris Tremlett, Robbie Joseph, Stephen Finn or Graeme Onions. I think an England team of in 5-8 years would be:

Joe Denly
Alastair Cook (C)
Ian Bell
Kevin Pietersen
Ravinder Bopara
Samit Patel
Steve Davies (WK)
Adil Rashid
Stuart Broad
Tim Bresnan
Graeme Onions/James Anderson

I think that's a pretty cracking line-up tbh. You'd expect Pietersen to still be around in 5 years, and Ian Bell could have become a far more mature and consistent batsman in that time. You'd also expect Jimmy Anderson to have been ditched in 5 years if he hasn't become more consistent, and he will only be 31 in 5 years, so could be the Flintoff type consistent bowler in 5 years time. Rashid, Broad and Bresnan are also very useful with the bat as well, so there's plenty of batting, and also part-time bowling from Patel and Bopara.

I'd be more than happy to see that line-up for England in 5 years time, just proves that there's plenty of decent players knocking about the County system and they just need to be given a chance.

Napier's not exactly up and coming is he, he's already 29, and Kabir Ali's 28. Not exactly what i'd consider up and coming.

Up and coming in that they have made some loud noise in county cricket only recently.

Up and coming in that they have made some loud noise in county cricket only recently.

Ironic that the noise has been coming from his 2020 riots with the bat.

Ironic that the noise has been coming from his 2020 riots with the bat.

"To the untrained eye, yes, but to the eye with brains" (sorry, Homer Simpson quote) you'd see that the noise in the media for Napier has been with the bat but he has spearheaded the Essex attack very successfully in limited overs cricket with David Masters. Kabir Ali topped the Division 2 wicket takers list in FC cricket and was up there on the season wicket takers list despite playing up to four games less than his peers.

Users who are viewing this thread