Who is the best upcoming batsman for your nation?

Two whirlwind centuries, when the team were in trouble, to add to that. Possible future captain, KKD, just needs to get into the team and fix a place.

Over Rohit Sharma, please.

Philip Hughes awesome temperament and has a very good record in Finals and awesome start to his career.
Luke Pomersbach is another when he gets his act together, has a real physical presence on the pitch as well ala Hayden and KP.
Rob Quiney 26 but I'll put him in, some of the best hitting I've seen this year in the T20 final.
Henriques hasn't performed to potential but in his short stays he has a very good technique and can hit the ball far. Just needs to get better temperament.
And lastly Dave Warner love his big hits, could be anything certainly going to be a joy to watch in the shorter forms of the game if his few knocks I've seen continue.

Once again it would be nice if you gave us your opinion rather than simply an instruction to discuss the topic ;)
Best up-and-coming Scottish batsman: probably Keith Morton.
:hpraise

No contradicting Barmyarmy.

For me, I'd go Cheteswar Pujara. He's been making ridiculously huge scores quite regularly.
And watching out for the return of Md.Kaif to the ODI team.

India - Tiwary, Karthik, Pujara, that opener who opens with Murali Vijay, I forget his name now. Heard a lot of Rahane from this forum, never heard of him outside of it. Rohit Sharma too maybe.

Bangladesh - Raqibul Hasan, Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim, Siddique, Kayes, pretty much the whole lineup :p

Tom Baker is a good guess for Scotland. Shame that he's a bunny to a certain young UAE legspinner...

No, he has had a decent One Day year after a poor start. He is good in all forms. Hit 40 odd in the twenty20 big bash final. He is probably our best developing batsmen.

No, he has had a decent One Day year after a poor start. He is good in all forms. Hit 40 odd in the twenty20 big bash final. He is probably our best developing batsmen.
Decent? He averaged 30 in 9 games this year. That's not enough to label him good.

His 20-20 form is nothing to reckon about. I watched his game. The only shot he has is "Back off the stumps and slog". Not impressed at all.

30 is decent. Like I said after his bad start he got better. He is lethal through point, in particular the first game of the twenty20 season where he smashed Queensland through the point region and scored more than half his runs there.

He can play a cut shot from anywhere, a talent not seen in any batsmen and can be quite handy... all well and good to play leg side shots from anywhere but that gets you in trouble... his cut shots will earn him runs other batsmen cant score

30 is decent. Like I said after his bad start he got better. He is lethal through point, in particular the first game of the twenty20 season where he smashed Queensland through the point region and scored more than half his runs there.
If 30 is a good average, then Atherton dominated McGrath in the Ashes, ability to play a particular shot is no sure shot mark of a good batsman. By that logic, Ian Bell has a godly cover drive, a silken on drive and a not so bad cut, he should be Bradman of the ODIs? Silly argument.

Precambrian added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

He can play a cut shot from anywhere, a talent not seen in any batsmen and can be quite handy... all well and good to play leg side shots from anywhere but that gets you in trouble... his cut shots will earn him runs other batsmen cant score
See my reply above. You make no sense though at all.

Im saying this is the best part of his game LISTEN BEFORE YOU SPEAK!

He is a sweet timer of the ball, not afraid of the short ball and has the ability to play at different tempos... he is the next Langer

Users who are viewing this thread