Who is the best upcoming batsman for your nation?

Im saying this is the best part of his game LISTEN BEFORE YOU SPEAK!

He is a sweet timer of the ball, not afraid of the short ball and has the ability to play at different tempos... he is the next Langer
All the above applies to Ian Bell and more. :p

Ian Bell is two paced, doesnt time the ball that great.. sucks at the short ball and does open the batting you half brained twat (thats from Highlander not me)

Eh? How the hell have I been dragged into this? That isn't even the sort of insult I would use, mine would be more sophisticated

Ian Bell is two paced, doesnt time the ball that great.. sucks at the short ball and does open the batting you half brained twat (thats from Highlander not me)

On wickets with decent pace Ian Bell times the ball as well as anyone currently playing the game. He's not bad at the short ball either, he just sucks away from England. He's one of the geniunely pretty batsmen left in the game, and I believe he's the most stylish stroke maker in the game when on form, a delightful player to watch when in full flow.

Yeh I agree, but terrible when out of touch lol

Am I not offended? And sad to see you dig new lows by attributing insults to others. Atleast have the guts to use your own mate.:noway

BTW, your posts still make zilch sense.

If 30 is a good average, then Atherton dominated McGrath in the Ashes, ability to play a particular shot is no sure shot mark of a good batsman. By that logic, Ian Bell has a godly cover drive, a silken on drive and a not so bad cut, he should be Bradman of the ODIs? Silly argument.

:rolleyes:

I said after his poor start. He got better as the season went on. Probably had an average of 34-38 after the first few matches. Plus, we aren't talking about Test Matches here. And I never said 30 was good. I said he played decent after his start

Does not matter. Averages are there for a reason. If you cut and pick the innings you like, well, you can make even Chris Martin look a good bat.

I'm not picking innings. I'm not saying "lets take his 1st innings, his 4th and his 7th." He had a few poor starts earlier, but he's gotten into the groove after the first 3 or so matches.

However not enough to have a second look.

Code:
Opposition	Runs	Balls	SR
Queensland	6	19	32%
S Australia	0	3	0%
Victoria	55	64	86%
Queensland	38	71	54%
Tasmania	55	57	96%
Tasmania	17	24	71%
S Australia	2	3	67%
W Australia	53	78	68%
TOTAL		226	319	71%

Not a good SR. Not a good average. And just 3 scores above 50 with a HS of 55. That's not really world beating stuff. And he has hardly had two games good in succession, not even to speak about a run of good scores.

Last edited:
The thread says up and coming. The Australian domestic scene is tough, so it's not bad. He's still developing. It's only his second year of cricket for NSW.

Nobody is doubting his talent. Of course, he will be one of the best Aussie batsmen in another 4-5 years, if he keeps the momentum going. However I personally feel he's more suited to the longer version than the shorter version. However, there is always possibility of him adapting with more time.

Phillip Hughes For australia he basicly has scored a 50 or a 100 every first class game he has played and still could improve

However not enough to have a second look.

Code:
Opposition	Runs	Balls	SR
Queensland	6	19	32%
S Australia	0	3	0%
Victoria	55	64	86%
Queensland	38	71	54%
Tasmania	55	57	96%
Tasmania	17	24	71%
S Australia	2	3	67%
W Australia	53	78	68%
TOTAL		226	319	71%

Not a good SR. Not a good average. And just 3 scores above 50 with a HS of 55. That's not really world beating stuff. And he has hardly had two games good in succession, not even to speak about a run of good scores.
Personally, I'd be happy with a 50 every other innings, which is what he got after the poor start. I'd be willing to give him a chance in ODI's if he did well in Tests and the ODI openers were not getting it done.

Users who are viewing this thread