Who is the best upcoming batsman for your nation?

Jonathan Vandiar from the Lions and Stian van Zyl for the Cobras are the SA batsmen to watch for the next few years. Riley Rossouw from the eagles is also up there.

Greg Hay seems to have gone unnoticed by the New Zealand selectors he averages over 40 in all forms of domestic cricket. Kane Williamson is another fine talent. He captained New Zealand U19's last year has had a solid first season this year for Northern Districts averaging just over 40 in one day matches. He scored his maiden century last week, he might be a bit young to play international yet.

Neil Wanger (once he qualifies to play for NZ in 2 years time)

I will say it's either S. Badrinath or Manoj Tiwari for India.

I wouldn't class Badrinath as upcoming. He's been killing the domestic scene for a long time now and he's hardly young anymore. But Tiwari is a great shout, real talent in that guy.

Haven't paid any attention to domestic Pakistani cricket at all for a couple of years so I'm interested in other people's opinion regarding this.

Khurram Manzoor?

Although, he looks very ordinary when he bats (perhaps it was just the time I saw him, I don't know), he has a brilliant record.

Edit: oh, without debut, nevermind.

Hughes no doubt now. Can't be anyone else after his 151 against the likes of Geeves, Denton and Krejza.

Jonathan Vandiar from the Lions and Stian van Zyl for the Cobras are the SA batsmen to watch for the next few years. Riley Rossouw from the eagles is also up there.
Loved the way Vandiar is shaping up. I was impressed by whatever little I saw of him in the U-19 WC. Liked Russow also. Although I haven't followed his career.

Precambrian added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

I wouldn't class Badrinath as upcoming. He's been killing the domestic scene for a long time now and he's hardly young anymore. But Tiwari is a great shout, real talent in that guy.
He's 27 and don't forget many Aussies debut at that age in International cricket. He has a better average than Rahul Dravid in FC.

Cheteshwar Pujara sounds like a real find to me. The Rahul Dravid type! I feel Badrinath's age wont work in his favor at all in a country like India (he is already seeing the effects!). He might just end up like Sridharan Sriram (another TN batsman who played a few games for india, failed and was dropped even though he plundered runs in domestic cricket).

Manoj Tiwary has been a future for us, but I dont know whats he doing now. Havent heard of him for sometime.

Manoj Tiwari is all hype. Hes just busy body building these days.

Users who are viewing this thread