Who will win the ashes? (poll)

Who will win the ashes?

• Total voters

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I like the fourth option. I reckon Melbourne will be an epic match, not sure what way it'll go though. Hopefully the Aussies can do the country proud.

6ry4nj

International Coach
I predict the fourth option will be most popular, leaving the poll feeling decidedly unfulfilled as far as its raison-d'etre is concerned.

Owzat

International Coach
I predict the fourth option will be most popular, leaving the poll feeling decidedly unfulfilled as far as its raison-d'etre is concerned.

Exactly. As long as the aussies don't win it I don't care who does!

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
India won't win is the safest option. I am sure that's not gonna happen...

So I vote for the fourth option! :p

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Australia...because England will choke under the pressure.

England's away record is dismal, they have hardly won a series of note outside England since 2004/5, and they even lost in the West Indies.

You know you are bad when you lose in the West Indies, not even Bangladesh managed that.

Padding your stats in home conditions against weak opposition proves nothing.

6ry4nj

International Coach
There will only be one more game decided, so I'm backing England to win Sydney after drawing Melbourne! :yes

Editing this after Melbourne. Clear now that momentum counts for nothing. Come to think of it, nothing in this series has made any sense since about day 3 at the Gabba! England 1 for 500 (after 200-odd) makes no sense, two innings victories over Australia (with a comprehensive defeat in between) makes no sense.

Know who enjoys see-sawing series the most? I can think of two groups. One is bookies. Bookies don't like favourites to win - they can even lose money that way. They prefer outsiders to win - for example, teams that have just been humbled in the previous match! So the bookies must be enjoying this series (and the one in South Africa) a lot! Gee, haven't they had a great run of luck?

I think it's too late to change my vote, but I now think Australia will win in Sydney.

Last edited:

darthlewis1

Club Captain

England's away record is dismal, they have hardly won a series of note outside England since 2004/5, and they even lost in the West Indies.

You know you are bad when you lose in the West Indies, not even Bangladesh managed that.

England are currently 263-3 after bowling out Australia for 98. Not exactly choking under the pressure.

Last edited:

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
India won't win is the safest option. I am sure that's not gonna happen...
You never know since Sachin tendulkar the god is present in the indian team he may order the english and australians to give the ashes to him:yes

Highlander999

ICC President

Good call there :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread