Why is it easier to hit sixes than fours?

soumya

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I find it very hard to hit fours (ground shot), the ball just stops before boundary. But hitting sixes (lofted shots) is that much easier. In a match, I want to hit some fours first, to get into the rhythm, but in most cases I am forced to play lofted shots for increasing the confidence or catch up with the run rate :doh

As you said, if you loft it you only have to strike it decently in the air and it'll go over the rope. For ground shots it has to be perfect or a fielder will track it down.

The game is weird but yeah....

Ground fours

Earlier i was also having the same problem but, the point we are missing is that in ashes 09 the fuller lenght was considered as good one but now an actual good length ball is considerd as good one. So playing on front foot the good lenght can never give u four, u have to be on the backfoot from where u can play a cut shot and can get four.:)

It's still quite possible to hit front foot fours using the attacking button. As you note the slog button has been made too easy though.

It's still quite possible to hit front foot fours using the attacking button. As you note the slog button has been made too easy though.

Plus the fact that I hardly see AI get ground shot boundaries...:(

coz the lofted shots are over-powered in the game. In fact lofted shots is the major source of tailend runs - I can't buy runs playing ground shots with the tail but using lofted shots they somehow achieve Afridi's abilities :p

It is as if the slog button is on easy where as the ground strokes is on hard...I just avoid it completely. It is not quite a game breaker but it is on the edge.....

Users who are viewing this thread