Would you prefer 1st person or 3rd person

• 1st person

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • 3rd person

Votes: 25 40.3%

• Total voters

toby123

Club Captain
I was wondering if the wicket-keeper career mode will be in 1st person like the batting.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
and you created a new thread for this ? wow
You made a post for this? Wow.

If you think a thread isn't needed, you have a report button. Use that if a thread bothers you. Otherwise, the moderators can do their job without posts like this.

I think there has been a lot of mention of the wicket keeping side of the game, so think of this as a general wicket keeping discussion thread, not just the camera angle.

Hunbbel

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Personally, I would like to have both the camera angles.

This evening I asked Ross whether there will be a 1st-person cam for wicket-keeping but he didn't answer it, so I think we're in for a surprise.

In case of career mode, the 1st person view will be my preferred position. I would love to face the challenge of keeping against a canny spinner (with the ability to bowl Doosras like Saeed Ajmal) and with the obstructed view behind the legs, it will challenge the hell out of me - which is exactly I would like to see in the game!

Fingers crossed :)

toby123

Club Captain
Personally, I would like to have both the camera angles.

This evening I asked Ross whether there will be a 1st-person cam for wicket-keeping but he didn't answer it, so I think we're in for a surprise.

In case of career mode, the 1st person view will be my preferred position. I would love to face the challenge of keeping against a canny spinner (with the ability to bowl Doosras like Saeed Ajmal) and with the obstructed view behind the legs, it will challenge the hell out of me - which is exactly I would like to see in the game!

Fingers crossed :)
I agree but I just don't know whether they will be able to have a first person view for wicket-keeping (just like bowling).
Lets hope they have both!!!:)

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I agree but I just don't know whether they will be able to have a first person view for wicket-keeping (just like bowling).
Lets hope they have both!!!:)

There's no first person for bowling....:)

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't see why this is a bad thread - its something that is actually interesting and new to talk about, and in the other threads its hidden behind other things that come up!

I imagine that in the main game (ie non be-a-pro), keeping will be an automatic thing for most things. Pressing a button to have the keeper catch the ball after every ball would be very dull; but then if we didn't have that and had it for all keeper catches; then we'd know when the batsman hit the ball and so DRS would be useless. So I think that for leaves/play-and-misses and also for very thin inside edges; keeping will be automatic - it'll be the job of the player to work out if the batsman hit the ball. If there is a manual option, then it'll be using whatever mechanism taking other catches uses (in MLB the show; the default is automatic catching, where if you place the fielder right and dive/jump at the right time, there isn't a need to press another catching button, but there is an option for one). For other deliveries where the ball has either been edged or deflected off the batsman in some way, then it'll probably be down to the player selecting which way the keeper should dive to get the ball.

For be-a-pro; I'd imagine that it'll be up to the player to watch the ball, try and read where it is going to end up, and then move themselves to that position and take the catch. It'll be more hands-on than the keeping controls in the main game (as it should be), but not as riveting as some think it will be. That's the aspect of the fielding mechanics that I'm most interested about - I can imagine what the general fielding controls might look like based on MLB games (because they shouldn't be completely different); but playing a catcher in MLB is completely different to the role of the wicket keeper, so I have absolutely no idea what it might look like!

cricketrulz

Banned
There's no first person for bowling....:)

Yes, I guess so....a hand near a player's hip holding a red ball will be heavily misunderstood. :lol :clap
Like Fifa we can manually switch to the keeper while fielding and maybe bring him up to the stump to keep the batsman in the crease would be really nice...just a thought!!:thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread