Windows Web Hosting

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Hi, I have a commercial website, scripted in ASP, and would like a new Windows Web host for the same, since the earlier hosting period is about to expire in about 15 days.

I am basically looking for
1. Minimum 200 Mb Webspace.
2. Most Important - MS Access Support
3. Good uptime, and fast performance.

I am not too interested in the control panels that various companies offer, since i would be using an FTP client to update the site.

I have so far identified Godaddy as the best option.
https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosting/shared.asp?ci=9009
The economy plan suits me perfectly.

Another one that I have come across is BagFull Web Hosting which is based in Chandigarh. I am not too sure about its reliability even though the services offered are adequate for my needs, and the price is very good. http://www.bagfull.net/windows_hosting_india.php

It is high time to decide the host now, and I would like a few suggestions from you guys, about these two, or any other which you may want to recommend.

Keep in mind the basic requirements, and the price. I would certainly not like to pay more than what i am paying for godaddy. (around $48 for one year - reduced to $42 using a coupon.)

Another thing is, My domain is registered with some other vendor, and these web hosts should be compatible with that.
I would have liked to transfer the domain to godaddy, but i think they do not support .in extensions.

Thanks !!

Last edited:

Abhas

Retired Administrator
You've siad it. Go with GoDaddy. :)

EDIT - Just noticed bagfull's bandwidth is TOO low!

Yeah, Even i was very much inclined towards Godaddy.

Infact I just noticed the bandwidth bagfull is offering. It does seem low, true.

Try one.com powered by hp;)

Can you please tell me if it supports Access database? I cannot find it anywhere on the site. Surely, if it does support it, they would have mentioned it.
Any specific reason for choosing one.com?? They haven't even mentioned all the features and services they offer (or do not offer). I don't want to get stuck with a substandard webhost, and repent for one full year. Neither am i interested in wasting my money, coz later on, they may charge me for any service that i want to avail.

Please keep in mind, this is a professional, commercial website, and not any forum or blog type website.

Cheers for the help guys :cheers

I was a bit skeptical about the support provided by godaddy, so i decided to submit a query. It has been 15 hours, but no reply still.

I would not want to wait for so long for a simple communication process.

Last edited:

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
one.com supports access and mysql databases both. You can contact them and ask ;). My uncle is using one.com for his business and its great;)

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Abhas, I think you should wait for godaddy. Because a big company like this is certain to have some delay sometimes. That's why Linux hosting shines, my host has Live Chat. :p

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Yeah, got the reply from godaddy... pretty satisfactory answer to my query.

I'll test them once more (really don't know why, but i want to be really sure this time.) Had a terrible experience with my current host.

Another question.
If my domain is about to expire, and i want to change the registrant, do i need to 1st transfer, and then renew?

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
If you transfer then no renew I guess. But I recommend agains't losing a domain to renew it later anyways. I had a terrible experience and lost my domain to sedo.com. :(

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Yeah, even i've lost one domain of mine, and cannot afford to lose this one.

I guess i will continue with the current domain registrant, and look at goddady for the hosting.

Still expecting some some people to suggest something.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
You should renew your domain with your current host and transfer your domain to GoDaddy after a few weeks.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't have much idea about the best windows based host, but Godaddy is far from the best.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
You should renew your domain with your current host and transfer your domain to GoDaddy after a few weeks.

After a few weeks? My hosting expires in the 1st week of the next month.

I don't have much idea about the best windows based host, but Godaddy is far from the best.

Yeah, even i've heard Goddady is not the best host. It is better for domains, thats what i've heard.

Still it would certainly be better than Net4.in - my current host. (actually every host would be better that it :p)

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
After a few weeks? My hosting expires in the 1st week of the next month.

Yeah, even i've heard Goddady is not the best host. It is better for domains, thats what i've heard.

Still it would certainly be better than Net4.in - my current host. (actually every host would be better that it :p)
Oh, the one that has its office in Safdarjung? LOL! How on earth you ended up with them. :p

Users who are viewing this thread