Women's Internationals

B

Bigby Wolf

Getting close this.

SA just ahead though a wicket or two might just change the scenario.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yep we need wickets here. No way we can restrict them without taking wickets.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
This game is going to the team who holds their nerves better here. SA have nothing to worry while India will need to stay calm. 9 an over is not an easy task I feel.

B

Bigby Wolf

Poor Stuff from Gayakwad, although she got a wicket but it costed 14 runs.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
7 off 6 with du Preez in is SA's game. India only have themselves to blame here.

B

Bigby Wolf

If you cannkt defend scores of 270+ in 2 consecutive games, you are pathetic and don't deserve a spot in the semis. Period!
The fielding and captaincy were outright pathetic.

The defensive mindset of Mithali Raj costed us big time and here decision in field setup, bowling changes were pretty mediocre.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Twitter is abuzz about the 'no-ball' costing us the game and a potential ICC trophy :p

I think the game was lost well before that. Batting's inability to score more, bowler's inability to get the desired wickets and Mithali's brilliant captaincy. I am not sure how injured Jhulan was, but her sitting out reminded me of Wasim in the 1996 quarter-finals vs India.

I guess this should pave the way for a new regime in Women's cricket. Smriti as captain with Jemi as deputy might work well.

Anyway, Aussies are still the overwhelming favourite for the title. Expect them to sail through to the Finals. That said, South Africa did run them close and their batters have struck form at the right time. Would love nothing more than the Africans winning their first trophy here. They came damn close last time and would be really gutted to miss out this time round too.

Last edited:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Poor cricket from SA. I'd say they peaked at the wrong moment this CWC. Much like their previous run in 2017, it seems the campaign will end today. That said, I have a feeling they might have done well had it been played against India.

Yet another Aus v Eng final looms- should Eng win, it would be nothing short of a miracle here. One thing is for certain- the Final might not end up being a one-sided affair here.

Users who are viewing this thread