Women's Internationals

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Not a big fan of the format for a variety of reasons. England, Aus are way too strong for the rest of the teams. An upset is the only way some one can take them out in a CWC -as seen during the 2017 edition (Ind v Aus).

On to India - its a joke of a team- they be better of playing test cricket. Its sad that the Indian women's game hasn't changed with the changing times. This was clearly on display during the last few internationals they played vs England.

Not sure what needs to be done to get a few more countries into the competitive ring- but I do hope something happens soon- else the game is simply going to fade away.

Jack7

Club Cricketer
Not a great showing from England. Shouldn't really be collapsing from the pos they were in.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Not a big fan of the format for a variety of reasons. England, Aus are way too strong for the rest of the teams. An upset is the only way some one can take them out in a CWC -as seen during the 2017 edition (Ind v Aus).

On to India - its a joke of a team- they be better of playing test cricket. Its sad that the Indian women's game hasn't changed with the changing times. This was clearly on display during the last few internationals they played vs England.

Not sure what needs to be done to get a few more countries into the competitive ring- but I do hope something happens soon- else the game is simply going to fade away.
Given India has reached the last two World Cup finals I'd say they aren't doing too badly. Australia they're way ahead of everyone else. England are not that far ahead of India, I've seen a lot of the multi-format series and while there are definitely areas needed for improvement they go into the last match needing a win to tie the series.

They looked down and out in the test match but Sneh Rana and Taniya Bhatia dug them out of that hole. So much so, that had there had been a fifth day then there would have been as much chance of India winning. I do think their ODI cricket could be improved but I think a lot of that is to do with Mitahli Raj. Great player but I think she's not the best captain.

The T20 side looks energetic and skilled in the field - did you see Harleen Deol's catch? - Smriti Mandhana is a really good fielder. Maybe the shorter format suits them but part of it is Harmanpreet Kaur as captain. She just brings more vitality to the team, in a similar way that the Indian men's side has changed (sorry Kohli-haters) under Kohli and Shastri.

If the BCCI were to back them in the same way that CA and the ECB has backed their professional women then I could see them as the best team in the world in 5 to 10 years. As it is, it took them over 12 months to pay them prize money. They have some quality young players coming through (Shafali Verma looks like a world beater already) and if they are supported to develop then I don't see why they couldn't take that extra step and win a World Cup sooner rather than later.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
It's remarkable that you don't need to invent new formats to spread the game. You just need enthusiastic people to help share the game and give people the opportunity to play.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Very keen on knowing what fans think of Mithali Raj's batting. For long, she has employed the tactic of playing super slow and I feel this pressurizes the rest of the team. Even today, while the team was going at a good rate, her strike rate seems to have bogged the rest of the team down.

Understand that the game has moved beyond her, however, if India has to win, they should take some drastic measures and either force her to change her approach/ bench her. Firmly believe, her reputation is the sole reason for her existence in the side.

She scored 61 off 17 overs. When she got out (37 overs), the team score was 166. Simple subtraction- the team score 105 run off 20 overs. That's a huge change! Hope the BCCI takes cognizance of this- else we are going to have another Dhoni-esque episode very very soon.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Anyone following today's game? Once again, Mithali throw away a good start!

8 runs off effing 23 deliveries! What was she thinking? I have a hunch that Smriti Mandhana might have purposely run her captain out

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Sophie Molineux got hit in the face receiving a throw at the stumps that zipped off the pitch.

She's back on with her face taped up!

FAMY9-pVQAURrCx

Users who are viewing this thread