Bigby Wolf

giphy.webp

Meanwhile :D

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Quite interesting to read all post link to this...

Add this to Deepti confirming that she did warn Dean multiple times and reported it to the umpire too. Dean was gambling with a number eleven at the opposite end to win and she paid the price in the end.

Hilarious that there are so many people with so much classic whataboutism arguments over this without contributing anything meaningful at all though on twitter. If this was done by an English cricketer you would never hear the end of it as smart play from these same lot.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Add this to Deepti confirming that she did warn Dean multiple times and reported it to the umpire too. Dean was gambling with a number eleven at the opposite end to win and she paid the price in the end.

Hilarious that there are so many people with so much classic whataboutism arguments over this without contributing anything meaningful at all though on twitter. If this was done by an English cricketer you would never hear the end of it as smart play from these same lot.
If the roles were reversed the media/social media discourse would have been also reversed.

Bevab

Staff Member
England’s captain now has claimed that they weren’t given any warning though. This drama is sure to continue even if she agrees that a warning isn’t needed for this.
Post automatically merged:

If the roles were reversed the media/social media discourse would have been also reversed.

The best one so far has been the Poms saying “just wait until this happens to an Indian batter in a crucial knockout game”.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
England’s captain now has claimed that they weren’t given any warning though. This drama is sure to continue even if she agrees that a warning isn’t needed for this.
Why is there even a need for warning in today's date when ICC itself has clearly deemed the dismissal to be a 'run out'.

Do we ever see a wicket keeper warning the striker before a stumping? Or a fielder doing the same before running out the batsman?

'Sir kindly keep your foot inside the popping crease or I will have to stump you the next time'
'Buddy just slide your bat in before I hit a direct throw at the stump and run you out'

Bevab

Staff Member
Why is there even a need for warning in today's date when ICC itself has clearly deemed the dismissal to be a 'run out'.

Do we ever see a wicket keeper warning the striker before a stumping? Or a fielder doing the same before running out the batsman?

'Sir kindly keep your foot inside the popping crease or I will have to stump you the next time'
'Buddy just slide your bat in before I hit a direct throw at the stump and run you out'

For the record she does say a warning isn’t needed and that it’s a legitimate wicket.

I’ve also just noticed that she wasn’t even a part of the squad for the ODIs, curious that she offers an opinion about warnings in that case.

Users who are viewing this thread