World Cup Qualifiers

I must admit watching Australia vs. Iraq was like a 70's game of football. No cheating, no fighting (on the pitch) and quality end-to-end stuff, brilliant match until the Iraqi fans ran on the pitch which made it even better.

At least he's actually decent when he's fit though (hardly ever I know, but hopefully he'll go this summer), see first 1/2 of 06/07 season.

Harry, what a star.

And here's the goal he scored last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
International football isn't really a measure of success, you want the club game to become more successful really because internationals are far too on and off to keep a country hooked on football, they're all geared towards 1 thing. Although to an extent a good club game will benefit international football and vice-versa.

Brazil Argies tonight, who's staying up? My mates coming round at 3 and I'm talking to the gf and trying to convince her, turn it into a rather impromptu party, got my Portuguese beer, it doesn't quite count but they speak it in Brazil :D I love this game, regardless of form or the fact Brazil aren't exactly playing like they did in '70 always is class.

Brazil Argies tonight, who's staying up? My mates coming round at 3 and I'm talking to the gf and trying to convince her, turn it into a rather impromptu party, got my Portuguese beer, it doesn't quite count but they speak it in Brazil :D I love this game, regardless of form or the fact Brazil aren't exactly playing like they did in '70 always is class.
Me too. Exams are over, so made a point of making sure I'm staying up to watch it. Anderson's supposed to be playing so it'll be him vs tevez.

Speaking of which:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UBSvbBmWInc

I was speaking to Joe, who I've got a funny feeling does.

Rubbish game though last night, Messi had a good chance at the end and Brazil had a very good chance in the first half. United involvement ended after Anderson got injured in the first half anyway.

Brazil weren't the same after Andersonsonson went off. Played quite deep before he went off though. Not sure that Diego was the right replacement. It was a late night lolz. I'm tired :D

I was speaking to Joe, who I've got a funny feeling does.

No offense but you've got the PM option for that.

How Baptista managed to hit that shot straight at the keeper, I dont know. I am not sure if Argentina were the better side, because although while they did have possession apart from Messi and the odd chance for Cruz, no one was doing anything. The Brazilians were....random. Poor game imo.

Last edited:
But given the fact Man united players were involved in the game it was perfectly fine for him to discuss them here...

Users who are viewing this thread