World Cup Qualifiers

4-0 win. Seems we'll have to wait until Bahrain and Japan before we get a challenge.

Bloody carnage. Bahrain at home will be the hardest assignment but Japan are sorta just ahead of the rebuilding stage so it won't be too problamatic.

Bosnich is a crap commentator. He got asked about Kennedys form from the World Cup compared to now. "Well leading up to the World Cup I didn't really know much about Kennedy, but.... i still don't....*awkward pause*". lol, Kosmina cracked up:p

Last edited:
CAHIILLLL!!!! fantastic game by the lad. Our creativeness was brilliant and Timmy Cahill was in the center of it usually.

Pretty good game by Jesus, could have had a goal a little bit earlier with a wide header. Great finish by Emerton in his second goal. Important that we scored 4 instead of leaving it at 2 because goal difference could be extremely important at the end of the group.

lol Bosnich's voice annoys me.

And that clip they showed before the game of his modelling shots literally made me sick... He loves himself.

I'm pretty impressed how the Aussies are going at the moment, their passing has improved dramatically since they are playing regular decent games instead of the Oceania Qualifying. And they look so dangerous in the air with Jesus and Cahill. With Kewell, Breciano and maybe even the big Dukes back we will be hard to beat!

Last edited:
Qatar have very bad defence organisation. We were doing high balls and normally they dont work but with Qatar it was the right way. I dont think we were that good it's just they were REALLY bad.

Qatar have very bad defence organisation. We were doing high balls and normally they dont work but with Qatar it was the right way. I dont think we were that good it's just they were REALLY bad.

Dead set. We had 70% of the ball in the first half, and they didn't make any decent counter attacks which gives them no excuse for that stat.

Yeh but I'm talking about the more recent games compared to the quality Australia showed prior 2006. To me it seems a big difference!

That was great team buildup from Cahill's goal. It is looking really good for us to go to South Africa now, 2 from 2 and some teams (Japan maybe one of them)have already played three games.

The next two games don't fall on FIFA sanctioned dates so clubs don't have to release players which could be a problem, though we could see how good our depth is.

Users who are viewing this thread