Would yadav be in the Australian side?

Would yadav be in the Australian side

• Total voters

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Umm.. Probably not.

If he could spin the ball, then yeah, probably.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Is this thread created to criticize him for his performance today?

Well I feel his a nice bowler, better than some of the Aussie pacers.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
I'd agree with Yudi here, Yadav is a young bowler, not so experienced at the higher level. He deserves to play in the side, if anything drop Ishant, he has played 40 test matches already and hasn't been impressive at all in the last few. I just hope he doesn't become another Ishant, by playing continuously, without any rest and injures himself occasionally and eventually loses his pace.

Sachin's record is sensational in Australia. I wonder whether he could have been a much greater batsmen, playing for Australia in Australia. ;)

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Is this thread created to criticize him for his performance today?

Well I feel his a nice bowler, better than some of the Aussie pacers.

Which ones? I can't say that he's better than Pattinson for example. He's probably better than Starc.

Yadav's got good pace, and bowls some great balls...BUT...you can't just do that randomly and expect to be a good bowler. He badly needs consistency. Yesterday was bad Yadav - really bad. So many runs milked to the leg side.

Anyway, to answer the question, if Yadav was Aussie he'd be about 5th or 6th in the pecking order behind Siddle, Hilfenhaus, Pattinson, Harris and probably Cummins too.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
He's a prospect, but Australia just have a lot of fast bowling depth. There are half a dozen fast bowlers that are younger and far less raw. He's got the pace of a developed build in his favour, but among similar, bustling quicks like Ben Cutting, Nathan Coulter-Nile and Jayde Herrick, only Cutting has approached selection. While the selectors keep a close eye on those 20 year olds, every little injury sets these players back.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Obviously not but he looks a decent enough prospect. Has a bit of early Siddle about him, bowls some jaffers, runs in hard all day but also very inconsistent. Speed is something you can't teach and he has that so now it's just about sorting the rest of his game out.

cricketmad09

International Coach
Of course not. What a ridiculous question. With our wealth of fast bowling talent why would we want somebody like Yadav? He's India's Mitchell Johnson. Bowls some good stuff at times, but bowls a lot of crap that gets annihilated to the boundry.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
At least he has the ability to swing it so there is something to look forward to. Not much with Johnson unless he has his once in a blue moon spells.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
No Offence but Australia has a bunch of fast bowling talent in the camp... Yadav doesnt reallly fit anywhere there

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Time is on his side. He's only 24. He has only played 6 tests and this was a tough baptism for him but I think it can only make him better. Onwards and upwards. I have high hopes for Umesh.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I am impressed by Yadav. He is got raw pace and can do a thing or to with the ball. I hope he is not turned into a typical run of the mill line and length Indian bowler. He should be kept as far from Indian Bowling coaches as possible.

Last edited:

hawkeye

Club Cricketer
He would probably not make the oz team but India had better look after him since Zaheer is very fragile and Ishant is not really advancing. He is their best prospect for a while. He is a bit wild at times but can swing it at pace. I think he has taken about 26 wickets in about 6 or so matches which is a good return. He is the best thing India has going for it as far as pace bowling is concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread