Would you be watching the sport if you were from a lesser cricket nation?

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
We`ve seen a lot of members here claiming that they don`t support their country of nationality and that they are die-hard fans of some other country (I have no right to comment on their choice and respect it). However, my question is whether a person ABC would be watching the game in the first place had the team from the nation of his birth not been a decent cricket nation?

I`ll tell you the case of many Indians related to football. Indians usually adopt sides in football because the Indian football team is ranked way down in the FIFA rankings and our side never qualifies to the big events. Thus, Indian fans end up supporting Brazil or Portugal or England in football because of this reason. However, we have qualified for the 2011 Asian Cup (Asia`s version of UEFA European Championships) and most of the Indian football fans will support their home country during that event.

My question is that how would it be possible for a person X or Y or Z to totally support any side which plays against his nation of birth, although he claims he does not support that side at all.

Last edited:

aditya123

National Board President
Please move this to the cricket discussion sub forum.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Im not from any country that plays cricket at all and I watch it and follow it as much as any sport. Even more.

aditya123

National Board President
Im not from any country that plays cricket at all and I watch it and follow it as much as any sport. Even more.

I always thought you were from the Caribbean.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I'm not from a test playing nation. I know because I'm from scotland I'm pretty tied up with england seeing as we share tv, newspapers and all that but I'm not a fan of england (though I don't dislike them as I am contractually obliged to in football)

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
^ Any special reason behind supporting the Caribbeans in particular?

just like the way they play cricket. and the history of the region. not to mention that pace bowlers are probably my favorite cricketers and WI are the ones with the best pace bowlers.
I don't particularly hate any cricket nation, I really liked Pakistan when I got into cricket because I was introduced into cricket by a bunch of Pakistanis at school and the cricketers they talked about the most were guys like Imran, Wasim and Waqar.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Subrata Paul is one of the Best Goalkeepers ever. I've been very fortunate to see him play and meet him. He's a very humble bloke :)

rahuldravidfan added 11 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

just like the way they play cricket. and the history of the region. not to mention that pace bowlers are probably my favorite cricketers and WI are the ones with the best pace bowlers.
I don't particularly hate any cricket nation, I really liked Pakistan when I got into cricket because I was introduced into cricket by a bunch of Pakistanis at school and the cricketers they talked about the most were guys like Imran, Wasim and Waqar.

Cricket is an amazing game, isn't it? Its going global and going global fast :)

Users who are viewing this thread