Wrestling thread

Epic

Panel of Selectors
And a WWE Wedding! It's been a while since we had one of those. Next RAW's gonna be fun. :) Hope Triple H smacks that prat Heyman again. :D

Not surprised how Cena's going to use his Money in the Bank - it's not his style to 'pick the bones' after a match.

It kind of kills the point don't you think? There's no real OMG moment and it ends up being just another match really.

----------

One of the best matches of the modern era and it was one of these cash-ins, so anything is possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Auwais

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well the surprise factor has been diluted over the years because of how frequently people have cashed in on a beaten opponent anyway.

And it wouldn't really work with Cena, a face, doing that.

JBlues08

Club Captain
Big names scheduled for Raw1000:

Vince McMahon
The Rock
Shane McMahon
Stephanie McMahon
Triple H
Shawn Michaels
Road Dogg
Billy Gunn
Brock Lesnar
Paul Heyman
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Steve Blackman
JBL
Edge
Ron Simmons
and many more unannounced returns!

Its so so star studded and on top of it, we have John Cena Vs CM Punk for the WWE Title! This one is like a free PPV!

Wow! That is just simple awesome!!

Can't wait for the DX reunion. :D

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well the surprise factor has been diluted over the years because of how frequently people have cashed in on a beaten opponent anyway.

I really think it would be amusing to turn Cena heel at some point, similar to Hulk Hogan in his 'Hollywood' days. ;)

Epic

Panel of Selectors

Punk was a face when he cashed in on Edge, just need a heel to cash in on.

----------

and here I thought we were becoming friends.

Eh, I'm sure you can look past this. ;)

----------

I really think it would be amusing to turn Cena heel at some point, similar to Hulk Hogan in his 'Hollywood' days. ;)

Cena is a money machine, turning him heel would kill most of the merchandise sales.

The Rock

County Cricketer
I'm eager to know who Heath Slater is going to face on that day! :D

Btw Kane was a face when he cashed it on a face Mysterio two years back.

With the Rock returning next Monday night, WWE.com is teasing that the Rock might probably involve himself into that title match. He might well screw Cena! And then there's the Big Show who's waiting to put his hands on Cena. I can clearly see Cena being the first person to cash in the MITB and lose.

Here's a cool Summerslam music video. Must watch!

----------

Cena is a money machine, turning him heel would kill most of the merchandise sales.

This. This is the only reason he hasn't turned. With today's product being PG and being catered to kids, turning him heel is not really possible. They could have easily turned him heel during the Nexus angle or during his feud with the Rock, but they didn't.

and here I thought we were becoming friends.

Oh, so you do watch wrestling!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'd love to see Hulk Hogan, in fact I'd say the night wouldn't be complete without him, but he's contracted to TNA as its GM, isn't he?

Epic

Panel of Selectors
TNA was fine till he showed, him and Bitchoff tweaking ruined that company.

The Rock

County Cricketer
I'd love to see Hulk Hogan, in fact I'd say the night wouldn't be complete without him, but he's contracted to TNA as its GM, isn't he?

We saw Ric Flair (who was under contract with TNA at that point of time) in the WWE's HOF ceremony this year and saw Christian deliver a promo on a TNA PPV. If WWE and TNA sort some sort of a deal out (which they probably have), we might see Hogan pull off a one night appearance.

I can see them pull of an Attitude Era battle royale with all the returning stars. Other than that, there will be an Intercontinental Championship as announced last week and the WWE Championship match. Other than that, maybe we will see a Heath Slater match with another legend (read the spoiler if you wanna know who).

I've learned from a few sources that its gonna be Austin, who will finish the Heath Slater angle with a Stunner!
And btw, even the Undertaker is set to return! And X-Pac's, Road Dogg's and Bret Hart's returns are now confirmed.

And according to WWE.com's articles, a new set, a new intro theme and a new WWE title will be debuted on the 1000th episode. The dawning of a new era!

I wouldn't be surprised if this show breaks all their previous records in terms of ratings.

With so many former stars set to appear this week, three hours seem just too less!

Epic

Panel of Selectors
And according to WWE.com's articles, a new set, a new intro theme and a new WWE title will be debuted on the 1000th episode. The dawning of a new era!

Totally forgot about the new title, hope it's nothing like the new tag titles.

JBlues08

Club Captain
1 more day to RAW 1000! :D

Looking forward to the DX reunion. Should be a really good one.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
It was a great episode and definitely worth catching if you haven't already done so.

DX didn't disappoint (all of them). ;) That Bible-Bashing newcomer - can't remember his name - decided to show up and he got his arse kicked. :D

AJ jilted DB! I actually had a feeling that AJ was going to leave DB hanging at the altar - but AJ as GM (she was propositioned by McMahon earlier that day)? Didn't see that one coming at all! Should make things interesting.

Great to see The Brothers of Destruction back kicking ass - hopefully they're going to reform full time? The Rock's section was as amusing as usual - and I think he's topped his other one liners by calling DB an..... never mind, watch this!

The Rock's going to fight whoever's the WWE Champion at the Rumble - and it'll be for the Championship! :D

What else? Stephanie McMahon beats up Paul Heyman :lol: - just after goading him into agreeing to Triple H v Lesnar at Summerslam.

Big Show spoils the Money in the Bank match resulting in a DQ - does that mean Cena's become the first guy to fail at cashing in MiTB?

I don't like the theme tune either - I hope that was a one-off (it was designated as the Raw 1000 theme tune, so hopefully everything will be back to normal next week).

Users who are viewing this thread