Wright Guilty Of Suffolk Murders

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
BBC News said:
Steve Wright has been found guilty of murdering five women in Suffolk.

The bodies of Gemma Adams, Tania Nicol, Anneli Alderton, Paula Clennell and Annette Nicholls were found in Ipswich over a 10-day period in December 2006.

Wright, 49, of Ipswich, said during his trial that he had sex with four of the five women, who were working as prostitutes, but denied killing them.

The jury at Ipswich Crown Court found him guilty of all five murders and he will be sentenced on Friday.

The trial's almost 100% complete now, and Wright's been found guilty of all 5 murders. The evidence was mounted upon him, there were strains of his DNA on all 5 of the girls, and strains of all 5 in his car. The only remotely unproven one was that of Tania Nicols, whereby only 1 strain of DNA was found on her that related her to Wright. It's been a tough road getting here though, but it's been well handled by the Suffolk Police, and they've done a pretty fine job getting a sadistic killer like Wright banged away so quickly.

My Dad was family liason officer for one of the girls families, so he's really pleased that they've found who they believe to be the right man. Also, Wright's father, Conrad, plays for a cricket team around this area, and I've spoken to and played against him. I can't imagine how he's feeling right now, imagine discovering that your child is a sadistic serial killer; can't be good times for him.

Just the sentencing left now. I don't expect he'll be getting out of prison for the rest of his life; and if he does it'll be a major injustice. Deserves to rot in prison for the rest of his life.

Considering his entire defence was based on him meeting them on the nights they died being a coincidence, and essentially passing thbuck to any possible other murder it's no suprise.

Besides, it is as conclusive as it gets with scientific evidence to proving it was him.

Go rub it in to this bloke's Dad ;)

Seriously though, glad they've found the man they believe to be the killer.

Might need to reword that Culli.

Guilty of 5 counts of murder. He's mid 40s now. Unless he lives to be over 100 he won't see light of day again.

He was up against it with evidence and the like, not surprised really.

Interestingly enough, my dad's boss actually played golf with him during the summer of 2006, said he was nice/normal enough.

Just shows it can be the Ordinary Joe's of this world.

Deserves every minute in prison he gets and much much more. I hope he's not able to commit suicide like what has happened before, ie. Shipman. He should be forced to rot in prison and suffer like the families have.

He's been sentance to full life imprisonment with no chance of ing allowed out.

I know I'll get attacked for saying this, but isn't prostitution illegal or something, I'm not sure so just asking?

Plus if their going to do a job like prostitution what else do you expect to happen?

The bit that is illegal is the paying for sex.

The second sentence isn't worth a reply of any note. Awful thing to say.

The bit that is illegal is the paying for sex.

The second sentence isn't worth a reply of any note. Awful thing to say.

Ok it was awful......but I didn't want to make it a complicating sentance just so it sounds nicer. Thats my opinion on prostitutes anyway disgusting job.

:noway

Users who are viewing this thread