YOUR England Team

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
FIFA has done the world a favour and banned and fined England manager Steve McLaren for being too boring which leaves a vacancy to the England role. You've been given the role, who do you pick for your first game?

Basically, the England team is garbage, how would you line-up?

I'd go with this;

Golkeeper;

Robert Green; Robinson has never been England quality; He's always been a good shotstopper but that's all he is. If your not a good shotstopper as a keeper then you aren't worth your wage. Robert Green is the complete keeper; He's good in the air, very agile, has a good arm, is a commanding presence and is one of the best shotstoppers in the Premiership.

Full Backs;

The Nevilles - What you see is what you get with the Neville's; They play with their heart and give it their all; Not like Ashley Cole who plays for the cash and the good time he's going to get off his wife afterwards.

Centre Backs;

Carragher and Terry - Yes I know Carra has retired, but how Rio kept him out of the side for all these years is testament to how inept both Sven and McLaren are. They picked Rio on reputation and haven't had the balls to drop him. To put it simply, Terry and Carra are the two best centre backs England have.

Wingers;

Joey Cole and SWP - Beckham is past it; get over it. SWP is a fine, fine player. His ability to run past defenders is something we haven't seen in an England player for sometime. Joey Cole is someone who plays for his country with all his heart; I haven't seen him put a foot wrong for England yet.

Centre Midfield;

Gerrard and Barry - Lampard and Gerrard DOES NOT WORK! I don't know how McLaren hasn't realise dit yet; They are two world class players, but they don't work together. Stevie G is the better of the two so he plays. He's another of those who'd rather die than get beat. I'm not sure who to play in the holding role behind Gerrard, but i'd rather have Barry than Michael bloody Carrick!!

Strikers;

Rooney and Owen - It's a no brainer. One of the best hold up strikers in the world alongside one of the best finishers in the world. You do the maths.

Subs;

Foster - Best keeper after Green.
Andy Johnson - He'll run himself into the ground, perfect for a super sub if the team are in need of a late goal.
Fat Frank - Too good to leave out completely.
Jolean Lescott/Micah Richards - Both exceptional players with great versatility.
Aaron Lennon - Same reason as AJ, but with more creative flair and a perfect substitution for SWP.

Right, you may now abuse my selection. But like it or not, that team will win more games than the one we are currently seeing.

Last edited:
I completely forgot about Hargreaves. It's a toss up between him and Barry for the holding midfielder role.

Why RIP pc? who is he?

I hate to act like a mod Will, but unlike most threads I don't want this one to turn into garbage so if you wouldn't mind staying on topic. ;)

Last edited:
Now, im not a soccer mad-man, but i'd go with...

David James (Aging but has shown good form)

Neville (Same as above)
Terry (Leader, solid, everything there)
Rio (Lesser than Terry in my opinion but still up there)
See this RB position is something i dunno.

Beckham (Best we have, crosses pin pointed)
Dyer (When he has two legs)
Gerrard (Solid, Loyal and brave!)
Cole (Quick, accurate!)

Owen (When no injured)
Rooney (Has form dips but still class)

I think its pretty ordinary, except the Dyer pick.

evertonfan said:
hate to act like a mod Will, but unlike most threads I don't want this one to turn into garbage so if you wouldn't mind staying on topic.

Woah, so its not ok for Will to troll and go offtopic in your thread, yet you can do it in others?

Ah, no problamo

Last edited:
------------------------Foster---------------------------
Richards--------Ferdinand-----Terry--------------Cole----
-----------------------Hargreaves-------------------------
-------------------Beckham------Gerrard-------------------
---------------------------Lennon------------------------
-----------------Rooney------Crouch--------------------

Its the best team, owens past it and apart from crouch all the other strikers are shite.

Keeper

It's a tricky one, but I feel it's best to go to youth now, and so Green or Foster. Foster is injured and is not first choice at United so I'd go for Green.

Wing Backs

Gary Neville at right back, not Richards. Neville gives it his all every time and can cross the ball at right back. Left backs a tricky one, not sure Shorey is up to it. Cole or Neville, I'd probably say Cole at the moment, he's started the season quite well, and although he's not as committed as Phil Neville, who I still love, he's an excellent footballer.

Centre Backs

Rio and Terry everyday for me. Yeah Carragher will sweat blood for you but Rio was immense for United last year and I feel a central defence with Terry and Carragher will lack pace. In fact, the whole defence you suggested would lack pace Matt.

Wingers

Agree with you on SWP and Cole. SWP has started the season well and Cole has done consistently well for England since he started playing on the left wing. Yeah I might consider keeping Beckham in the squad though.

Central Midfielders

Agree with you 100% on the Gerrard and Lampard debate, it's a point I've argued with a few people. They can't play together, so you've gotta pick the best one which is Gerrard. I'd play him and Hargreaves as the holding midfielder.

Strikers

Yep, Owen and Rooney really pick themselves.

Subs

1. Foster
2. Carragher
3. Richards
4. Lampard
5. Carrick
6. Defoe
7. Johnson

I didn't think about the pace at the back to be honest. Put Richards in the starting XI and Nevaldinho (the Phillip variety) on the bench.

Keeper:
Green, as he's had prem experience. Foster would come close but he's played prem football with a really bad team.

Full-backs:
G.Neville is right back, although he is getting old. Left back, Ashley Cole when he's on form, Shorey needs to play for a big club before I think he can become good enough for England. Richards also fighting for nevilles place.

Centre-backs: Got to be Terry and Carragher, best two defenders in the country. Carragher's place is more debatable because he's not as passionate as his is for liverpool, if he was he'd be one of the first picks.

Wingers: SWP and Cole really, Gerrard maybe but he should be in the centre.
Beckham is losing it slightly and his fitness is gonna go down. Should be in the squad.

Centre midfield: Gerrard and...Hargreaves. Gerrard is England's best player at club lever, perhaps underachieving at international. Hargreaves is better than Carrick and he is perfect foil for Gerrard.

Strikers: Rooney and a fit owen. If owen isn't fit and firing crouch should be straight in, owen is the main goalscorer so replace him with a goalscorer.

subs:
foster
ferdinand
richards
lampard
crouch

Keeper

I would say James but he's prone to mistakes and you can never be sure with him so I think Robert Green deserves a chance.

Centre backs

Terry and Carragher. Grit, skill, passion, determination. But enough about me. These fellas are good too.

Right back

Even though he's aging, Gary Neville's the most experienced right back and has proven himself a great servant. He's in the team for now while players like Micah Richards gain more experience at club level.

Left back

Cashley (How will I feed my family with a measly £50k a week?) Cole if he plays the way he played at Arsenal. Next on the list, would be Barry.

Centre mids

Gerrard over Lampard and Hargreaves playing just behind him in the role of holding midfielder so Gerrard can play a more adventurous role.

Right mid

Beckham is one of the most overrated footballers I know. No dribbling ability. Shaun Wright Phillips just ahead of Aaron Lennon as he's been around longer. Pace, brilliant dribbler of the ball, what we need in a right mid.

Left mid

Joseph (Frodo) Cole offers us creativity, flair, skill, he dribbles and can play on the left.

Forwards

Simple. Owen and Shrek. Perfect combination. Owen loves to make runs and Rooney loves to play the supporting striker role.

Subs

GK - Foster, bright young prospect
DF - Rio
DF - Richards
MF - Lennon
MF - Fraaaaaaaaaaank
FW - AJ
FW - Crouch

GK- James for now, Foster when he gets back
RB-Neville, when did he have a bad game for England? and he can cross like a god
CB-Rio, 1. Carraghers got no character to fight for is place and is acting like a spoilt little bitch 2. He's better than him anyway. Ever since he was bought for 30 million people have got on his back,he's not going to justify it, no-one can. Rio is class, he makes brilliant tackles and gives you everything you could want in a defender.
CB- Terry, best we've got
LB-Cashley, best we've got again
LM- Joe Cole, class when he's actually playing although he's the biggest diver in the premiership
CM- Gerrard and Hargreaves, Lampard as super sub
RM-Lennon, when fit is rapid and a real danger to any side
FC-Owen
FC-Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooney

Subs-
GK- Foster/James
DF- Richards
M- Lampard
M-Beckham
FC- Johnson, Crouch is good but he completely kills Rooney who when fit and in form is our best player.

imo :p

My team:
Turner

Hibbert
Baines
Lescott
Stubbs

Neville (P)
Jagielka
Vaughan
Osman

Johnson
Anichebe

Sorted. But seriously, if everyone was fit:

Foster

Cole
Neville/Richards
Terry
Carragher

Beckham
Cole
Gerrard
Hargreaves/Lampard

Rooney
Owen

Thats the best team we have imo. Beckham may be getting on abit but there is no-one in world football with the passing and crossing ability of him, he also offers goals from set pieces aswell, he is a quality player. Lampard is weaker than Gerrard imo so he is left on the bench in place of Gerrard and Hargreaves. Rooney and Owen have formed a great partnership and when fit are amazing players that offer so many goals. Foster is the best keeper in England aswell. Just a shame that there's no-one with experience to replace Cashley, not a fan of him at all.

He's not 100% nigerian, was given an offer to play for the England under 21's but refused in order to play for Nigeria. I'm sure an offer to play for the England first team would pursuade him to be English ;)

Users who are viewing this thread