Story Zimbabwe For Number One

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Breaking News

Cricket Zimbabwe has called an immediate press conference.

SkySportscopy.jpg

Will Tomlinson: We now join our correspondent in Zimbabwe for breaking news

Samir Inamdar: As of this morning Roger Harper has been sacked and in place Oli Holden has been put in charge.

Reporter: Why the sudden change of coach Samir?

Samir Inamdar: WithZimbabwe going to West Indies in the next couple of weeks we believe Roger has done enough for Zimbabwe cricket and that it is now time for a change.

Reporter: Why Oli Holden? I believe this is his first job?

Samir Inamdar: That is correct, we believe bringing in somebody who has never been coach of another country is a positive, as everybody has to give him a chance and has not already got a reputation.

Reporter: What do you think of Oli Holden?

Samir Inamdar: I think he is a confident young man and can bring his energy and his love for the game into are young squad and take us forward to higher Rankings in the ICC Table.

Reporter: Have the players met the new coach?

Samir Inamdar: No they haven’t, Along with this there will be a huge change in the back room staff.

Reporter: Can you announce these changes?

Samir Inamdar: These changes will be
Batting Coach: Jack Richards
Bowling Coach: Richard Landers
Assistant Coach: Roly Marshall

Reporter: Thanks very much for your time. There you have it Tom. Radical Changes in the Zimbabwe Camp.

Test squad to be announced

( sorry dont know how to change colours)

SkySportscopy.jpg

Oli Holden: The squad for the following tour to the West Indies will be as follows,
untitled-1.jpg

Captain will be P.Utseya Vice Captain- T.Taibu
No further qustions , Thank you

Reporter: Well in stark contrversy, Holden has named an expeirence side for his first tour and answered no questions. Holden will be holding a press conference before the game.

Last edited:

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Tour to West Indies

7 ODI’s
1 Friendly

wall3.jpg

Press Conference

Reporter: You’ve picked a mix of young and old?

Oli Holden: Yes I believe it is right to have a balance of young and old.

Reporter: Your giving a one-day debut to young leg spinner Alec Cremer?

Oli Holden: Yes I believe he has a lot of talent and hope he can replicate Shane Warne.

Reporter: Can you name the team for today?

Oli Holden: Yes I can and it is as follows;
S.Carlisle
M. Vermulen
T. Taibu
S. Ervine
T. Duffin
S. Matsikenyeri
A. Blignaut
H. Streak
P. Utseya
T. Mupariwa
A. Cremer

Reporter: Thank you for that and for your time

Oli Holden: Its OK.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
wall3.jpg

Commentary team
commteam-1.jpg

Pitch Report

Hussain: We now cross to Bumble for the pitch report.
Bumble: Thanks Nasser. Well we've got an absolute belta here today. Its a batting paradise i wish i could have a bat on it. But i have to find my lawn mower. This pitch certainly doesnt offer anything to the bowlers. The bounce should be rather even so there should be godd carry through to the keeper.
Hussain: Thanks Bumble. Good luck finding your lawn mower. I believe we can now join Mikey Holding for the toss.

Mikey Holding:Thanks Nasser. Ive got the two captains Prosper Utseya an Brian Lara with me. Prosper to call[/COLOR]
*coin goes up*

Utseya: ..heads

Mikey Holding: and.. its a tail. Brian you have won the toss what will you do?

Lara:I think We will have bat.
Holding: Can you tell us the team please?

Lara: Of course i can;
Gayle,Ganga,Lara,Chanderpaul,Sarwan,Hinds,Baugh(wicket-keeper) Bravo, Smith,Nurse,Jeremy.

Holding: Thanks Brian. Prosper wht do you think?

Utseya: ummm yeah umm i would have done the same thing. Its a big day and hoepfully we will win with are new coach.

Holding: News from the toss the West Indies have won and will bat first

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
West Indies Innings

The West Indies opneres had made there way to the crease and but no sonner were they walking there then one was walking straight back to the pavillion. gayle caught by duffin off the first ball off the game.

Gayle c.Duffin b.Streak 0(1)

With lara and ganga at the crease they continued to score freely increasing the run rate. after 25 overs the windies were 145 for 1. Ganga and lara both passing fifties two rather chance less innings.
Lara 71(82) Ganga 67(71)
Streak 7-0-37-1 , Mapuriwa 7-0-41-0, Blignaut 6-0-37-0, Cremer 5-0-27-0

After 27.4 overs trouble struck when the windies attempted a third only to be run out. Lara run out 77(93)
Blignaut and Cremer finished there spells for 10-0-61-0 and 10-1-44-0 respectively.

With windies keen to push on ganga played a bad stroke to be bowled by mupariwa for 97. Unlucky not reach 3 figures.
Ganga b. Mupariwa 97(101)

After 50 overs the windies made 305-3 a formidable total.
Pick of the bowlers:A Cremer his 0-44 off 10 overs.
Highlight: Mupariwa bwoling Ganga for 97

Zimbabwe Innings
After 4.3 overs diasaster struck carlisle caught behind for 15 off just 11 balls.
274 off 45.3 needed
After 8.4 overs more disaster Zimbabwe lost there second wicket Vermulen caught at short leg for 22 of 23 balls.
269 off 41.2 6.4 an over

Ervine went two balls later not troubling the scorers.
Tatenda Taibu opened up his shoulder trying to pick the innings but then smith took his first wicket with taibu caught behind for his 34 including 7 4's.
They then started to pick up the pace only for matskienyeri to go off bravo's bowling caught at short leg for 10. Then came Blignaut Smashing the biggest six of the day.
untitled3.jpg

untitled4.jpg

After 25 overs 111 for 5 still 192 needed off 25.
Duffin 17(41), Blignaut 15(14)
Blignaut Failed to continue falling lbw to smith for 22. Streak came in with the message to go for it. He did but then lost his partner duffin bowled for 26(65)
will there be a captains innings?

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
good start good luck

192 from 150 balls, anything is possible but its gonna take a miracle to pull this bk,
great looking story like a few more pics and screenies though
very good

Last edited:

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
it wasnt to be with utseya going firstball. But in came mupariwa and some big hitting got zimbabwe to just over 200
after 25 overs Zimbabwe were 205-8. 300 was always going to be to much for to much.
screenies to come

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
firstball.jpg

First Ball of the Match
scorecard1.jpg

West Indies Scorecard
scorecard2.jpg

Zimbabwe scorecard

Next ODI to follow

yeah sorry gillyfan its just sometimes the colours dont work and sometimes they do.

Last edited:

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
wall3.jpg

[B]Press Conference[/B]
Reporter: I'm Here with the two captain Brian Lara and Prosper Utseya. Firstly Brian, to oass 300 in your first match of the series must fell good?

Brian Lara: Yeah it fells really good for the squad to come together and put on 300 was a good effort.

Reporter: No offence to Zimbabwe but they dont have the greatest bowling attack, do you think you could still pull the same result of somebody like South Africa or Australia?

Brain Lara:I hope we can so, we can put these scores on other countries we just have to apply ourselves. We have excellent players with Chris,Shiv and myslef and some other good talent coming through.

Reporter: Thanks Brian, now for you prosper. They put 300 on the board do you think you will be able to restrict them in further games?

Prosper: Yeah maybe 300 was a bit much but i have belief in our players that we will umm umm bowl more well in matches to come.

Reporter: Your batting getting up to 200 are you happy?

Prosper: Yeah i am pleased umm espically as at umm one stage were never gonna pass 200 but our lower order got some runs umm hopefully more next time.

Reporter: Thanks guys. So next time we see you will be for the next one day! Thanks again.

wall3.jpg

Press Conference
Reporter: I'm Here with the two captain Brian Lara and Prosper Utseya. Firstly Brian, to oass 300 in your first match of the series must fell good?

Brian Lara: Yeah it fells really good for the squad to come together and put on 300 was a good effort.

Reporter: No offence to Zimbabwe but they dont have the greatest bowling attack, do you think you could still pull the same result of somebody like South Africa or Australia?

Brain Lara:I hope we can so, we can put these scores on other countries we just have to apply ourselves. We have excellent players with Chris,Shiv and myslef and some other good talent coming through.

Reporter: Thanks Brian, now for you prosper. They put 300 on the board do you think you will be able to restrict them in further games?
Prosper: Yeah maybe 300 was a bit much but i have belief in our players that we will umm umm bowl more well in matches to come.

Reporter: Your batting getting up to 200 are you happy?

Prosper: Yeah i am pleased umm espically as at umm one stage were never gonna pass 200 but our lower order got some runs umm hopefully more next time.

Reporter: Thanks guys. So next time we see you will be for the next one day! Thanks again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread